A 360º experience of the vast blue Aegean Sea
We meet at “Club Agia Anna”, on Agia Anna beach.
From there we have two ways to reach Strougitsa summit.
The easy way
We drive up to Zoodohos Pigi, at 780m altitude. After a 50 minute walk we reach Agnandi spot, at 1.000m, from where we can enjoy panoramic views of the Aegean as well as the villages of Northern Evia. Moving further up, for some 30 minutes, we reach the Hrissaetos Crossing (Golden Eagle Crossing) at 1.180m altitude.In order to arrive to the summit at 1.245m a little bit of easy climbing is required.
Once we reach the top, the breathtaking views are definitely rewarding, making up for the energy and effort we spent climbing well worth it! We can enjoy unobstructed, 3600 views of the Aegean sea meeting the Evian bay as well as all the imposing surrounding mountains.
We return via the same route, is a relaxing downhill.
The challenging way
We start our walk from Troupi village (alt. 240m). The trail for Stougitsa summit begins from the village church, Agia Triada, and mounts through a beautiful pine and sycamore forest. During the ascent towards the top, we find in Selina (alt. 500m) the local spring and aqueduct and the col (alt. 680m). From there, the bay of Evia, Kali Pigi and the picturesque church Zoodohos Pigi are all visible. Moving further up we reach Agnandi top, at 1.000m altitude, with panoramic views of the Aegean. We then reach the Hrissaetos Crossing at 1.180m altitude and with a small climb up we “conquer” Strougitsa summit at 1.245m.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 55€/person for 4-6 participants
- 70€/person for min 3 participants
- 90€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Good physical condition
- Age 14 and above
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- Free photos and videos
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Club Agia Anna – Click here to see meeting point on google maps
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)