Mt.Kantilio Hiking, North Evia! Hike and marvel a 360 º panoramic view of the vast blue Aegean Sea!
Mt.Kantilio Hiking North Evia starts at “Club Agia Anna”, right on the beach of Agia Anna. We meet, debrief and set off for the summit of Strougitsa. The are two routes we can follow:
The easy way: We drive up to Zoodohos Pigi, at an elevation of 780 m. After a 50 minute hike, we reach the viewpoint Agnandi, at 1.000 m. From here we take in the breathtaking views of the Aegean as well as the villages of Northern Evia. Moving further up, for about 30 minutes, we reach the Hrissaetos Crossing (Golden Eagle Crossing) at an altitude of 1.180 m. Some easy climbing is required for us to reach the summit at 1.245 m .Once we reach the top, the view is definitely rewarding, making the energy and effort we spent climbing well worth it! We can enjoy unobstructed, 3600 views of the Aegean sea meeting the Evian bay as well as all the imposing surrounding mountains.
We return following the same route, is a relaxing downhill.
The challenging way: We start our walk from the village of Troupi (alt. 240 m). The trail to the summit of Stougitsa starts from the church, Agia Triada and mounts through a beautiful pine and sycamore forest. During the ascent to the top, we find a local spring in Selina (alt. 500 m). From here we can see the bay of Evia, Kali Pigi and the picturesque church Zoodohos Pigi. Moving further up we reach the viewpoint Agnandi, at 1.000 m, overlooking the Aegean. We then reach the Hrissaetos Crossing at 1.180 m altitude and with a small climb up we “conquer” Strougitsa summit at 1.245 m.
Trekking Hellas offers an array of unique experiences and tours in this beautiful area! Also check out our Canoe Kayak in Kirinthos and River Trekking in Bolovinaina Canyon! Our team is also available to customize any of our activities according to your preferences and needs! Fell free to contact us and we will create your dream holiday experience!
Period of Operation: All year round
- 55€/person for 4-6 participants
- 70€/person for min 3 participants
- 90€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Good physical condition
- Age 14 and above
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- Free photos and videos
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Club Agia Anna – Click here to see meeting point on google maps
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles