An active exploration of the famous Greek islands.
The Cycladic islands are the most representative of the archetypical Greek style.
Fishing villages with whitewashed flat roofed houses and narrow streets, hundreds of chapels, rocky landscape contrasting with the deep blue sea and bays with powdery white sandy beaches.
Travel to where few visitors do by horse, bike, on foot, or sea kayak and taste the best of Greece in cooking classes and delicious picnics.
Discover Cycladic’s islands best spots, tradition, culture and everyday life of its people.
Period of operation: April to November
Fixed Departure Date 2019: 7 – 16 July
Duration:10 days/9 nights
Semi Guided Mode (3 star hotels):
- 1620€ for 4-6 participants
- 2090€ for 2-3 participants
Semi Guided Mode (4 star hotels):
- 1870€ for 4-6 participants
- 2340€ for 2-3 participants
Fully Guided Mode (3 star hotels):
- 2590€ for 4-6 participants
- 2920€ for 2-3 participants
Fully Guided Mode (4 star hotels):
- 2670€ for 4-6 participants
- 3600€ for 2-3 participants
- Accommodation in double rooms on B/B basis
- Trekking Hellas experienced guide (guided mode)
- Local guides for Antiparos and Naxos hikes (semi-guided mode)
- Meals as mentioned in the program (Breakfast at hotels / Picnic Lunches / Dinners in local taverns for guided mode)
- All ferry tickets (air seats) as per program starting in Paros and ending in Santorini
- Activities: Cooking, Horse Riding, Biking, Sea Kayaking, Sailing experience
- Hiking tours as described
- All local transfers
- Anything not mentioned above
- Personal insurance
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to Paros and from Santorini
Our trip starts in Paros.
You can arrive in Paros either by plane or by ferry. Depending on season, there are different boat itineraries from Athens available: the boat ride lasts from 3 hours – 5 hours. Short transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Paros.
We start our day with a morning 4 hour cooking class, where we learn about the traditional cooking methods and recipes of Paros and Greece and prepare our own meal.
In the afternoon, we transfer to the riding center, for a 2 hours horse riding tour, a unique opportunity to visit hidden places accessible only by horse or on foot.
Overnight in Paros.
After breakfast, we depart for the village of Lefkes, for an interesting hike through the interior of Paros island. We go through Agios Ioannis (St. John), Agios Georgios (St. George), Aneratza and Kamari. We end up in an ideal spot, Alyki beach, where we can swim, to cool off, in the clear waters of Aegean Sea. We enjoy lunch in a tavern by the sea.
(Estimated walking time: 5 hours with stops, approx. 15 km)
Return to the hotel at around 16:00 and downtime.
Early in the evening, around 18:00, we visit Naoussa, with its very picturesque fishing port, full of traditional fishing boats, surrounded by restaurants and cafes. After dinner, transfer back from Naoussa to our hotel. Overnight in Paros.
After breakfast, short transfer from the hotel to Paroikia port. We have around 1.5 hours to enjoy Paros sightseeing, including the famous Byzantine Church of Ekantotapiliani. In the scheduled time we take the ferry from Paros to Naxos. Arrival in Naxos, transfer and settle to our hotel. Overnight in Naxos.
Today’ s hike starts from Kouros statues. These larger-than-life statues of young men, predestined to hold on to a temple roof, were abandoned incomplete by the ancient sculptors, when they discovered faults in the marble. We then follow the path to the picturesque village of Ano Potamia. After a short refreshing stop at the village’s spring, we hike to Apano Kastro (Upper Castle), to enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Naxos town, port and the surrounding villages. We continue on wards via Tsikalario little village to Halki, where we visit Valindras small distillery that produces Kitron (the local alcohol drink of Naxos).
(Estimated walking time: 2 1/2 hours hiking, 4 hours duration with stops for rest and lunch).
Overnight in Naxos.
We cycle on streets and paths without traffic through typical Naxian villages, while experiencing the rich vegetation this Cycladic Island has to offer. Small tracks lead us through farmland, to enjoy beautiful views over mountains and some of the best coastline in the Cyclades.
Through little stony roads, we reach the beautiful beach of Mikri Vigla, with its stretch of finest white sand and blue sea. There we stop to swim or enjoy a small food bite or drink. We return along stretches of sandy beach to our base.
(Total biking duration: 4-5 hours – altitude upwards 600 meters)
Overnight in Naxos.
After breakfast, we relax and enjoy swimming or strolling in the picturesque port of Naxos. Around mid-day we take the boat to the fairest island of the Cyclades, Santorini. The breathtaking view, upon arrival with the boat, will give us an idea of this volcanic island’s spectacular beauty. We arrive in port and transfer to the hotel. After we settle down, we depart for a walk that takes us from the town of Fira to Oia along the spectacular caldera.
(Estimated walking time: 4 hours with stops, approx. 11 km)
Overnight in Santorini.
After breakfast, transfer to the starting point of today’s activity. We enjoy a morning of sea-kayaking, exploring the South coast of the island. We enjoy views of the spectacular rock formations, crystal waters, and the beautiful beaches in the south part of the island. En route we stop for snorkeling.
(Approximate duration of sea-kayaking activity, 3 hours).
After lunch, we return to our hotel and have a free afternoon to visit the archaeological museum and shop. Overnight in Santorini.
Today we explore Santorini from the water!
We depart from Vlihada Marina and sail past the Ancient City of Akrotiri to the Red and White Beaches. We sail past the Indian Head Mountain and Venetian Lighthouse into the picturesque Caldera. We visit private bays for swimming and snorkeling. After the Hot Springs, a delicious BBQ lunch is prepared in a beautiful secluded bay. After lunch, we sail past the Volcanic Islands and Aspronisi to Vlihada Marina. We return to our hotel and in the evening we enjoy a farewell dinner with a unique Caldera view. Overnight in Santorini.
In our last day on this beautiful island, we have a free day to shop, stroll around its marvellous alleys, swim or seduce our senses with a wine tasting. Transfer to airport or port for your next destination.
Please try to travel as light as possible. Although you do not need to carry your entire luggage while walking, you will still need to carry it over short distances. Also remember you unpack and repack on most nights. You can leave the luggage that you don’t need on the trek, at the hotel in Athens or in our offices.
- Large rucksack or hold all to contain all your luggage; waterproof liner recommended
- Good waterproof top (Gore-Tex recommended or similar) with hood.
- Thick socks for walking
- Spare shoes for the evenings (optional
- Daypack (small rucksack, 20-40 liters) to carry picnic lunch, water bottle, cold/wet weather gear, camera, etc; straps should be strong, not too narrow and preferably padded. In wet weather, belongings should be packed in waterproof plastic bags inside the pack
- Warm clothes for the evening including spare trousers and top (fleece jackets/pullovers are warm yet light); plus optionally thermal underwear, for April and October
- Sweatshirts or T-shirts for walking, at least one with collar and long sleeves (against sun-burn)
- Water bottle or plastic bottle (at least 1 liter)
From April to November