Participate in an Ancient Olive Grove Tasting Workshop and savor the taste of Delphi sacred lands!
Delphi valley hosts more than 1,5 million olive trees. Some of them have lived for more than a 1000 years! In these sacred lands archaeologists discovered remains from ancient wild olive trees, proof that an olive grove existed here since antiquity. The valley is nowadays protected and listed as a worldwide unique landscape by UNESCO.
When the wind blows and the sun goes down behind the trees, the silver shimmering of the olive leaves creates the impression of melting with the color of the sea. French Archeologists have called the valley “La Mer des Oliviers”, “The Sea of Olive Trees”. Meet your guide at Delphi Camping a kilometer above Chrisso, a village of 300 people only 10’ driving from Delphi. The name of this village “Chrisso” means literally “Golden”, and since ever the locals are cultivating olives and producing olive oil, often described in Greece as liquid gold! You will participate in an olive oil tasting workshop with a spectacular view to Delphi valley and the sea!
Our expert guide will explain all about olive culture and the transformation process to edible olives & olive oil. You will taste different sorts of olives, virgin olive oil and olive tapenade from the awarded brand “Mer des Oliviers”. Ending the tour, you will have the opportunity to buy some goodies if you wish so.
Highlights of Ancient Olive Grove Tasting Workshop:
- Learn how to identify olive oil of the premium quality and how to recognize main Greek varieties
- Find out secrets about how olive trees are cultivated in Delphi Valley
- Discover all about the thousands of year olive history in the region
Period of Operation: 15/05 – 15/11
- 45€ for 3-6 participants
- 55€ for min 2 participants
- 105€ for 1 participant
Basic physical condition
- English speaking guide
- Olive products
- 11:00 Meet your guide in Chrisso village
- 11:00 – 12:30 Olive products Tasting workshop
- 17:00 Meet your guide in Chrisso village
- 17:00 – 18:30 Olive products Tasting workshop