Archaic Aegina is a day hiking tour that takes you to the Temple of Aphaia! It is available as self guided or guided.
Your Trekking Hellas host will greet you to give you all the needed info for you to explore one of the most significant ancient temples of Greece!
We will drop you off at the staring point of the hike. You will reach the hilltop and the Ancient Temple of Aphaia after a 30 minute hike. You will walk through a pine forest accompanied by beautiful sent of thyme and oregano. Following the visit to the Archaeological site and its Museum (optional, +1 hour needed), our hike takes you downhill to the sea side village of Agia Marina. Here you can opt for a delicious lunch and relaxing swim.
Highlights of Archaic Aegina Tour!
- Visit the doric Temple of Aphaia, that forms an isosceles triangle with the Acropolis in Athens and the Temple of Poseidon in Sounion. Entrance to the Temple is optional. Ticket is not included.
- Walk through a mountain path surrounded by trees, herbs and flowers.
- Enjoy breath-taking views of the island.
- Swim in the beautiful bay of Agia Marina and enjoy a meal by the water (optional).
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
Distance: 3.2 km/3.66 Miles
Grade: Easy. Well defined city streets
Terrain: Paved road, dirt road, dirt path
- 35€/pp for 4 participants (for more participants please contact us)
- 45€/pp for min 2-3 participants
- 60€/pp for min 1 participant
Self Guided Pack :
- Greeting by an English-speaking host, on-call for any emergencies
- Transfer to starting point
- Pick-up at ending point
- Booklet containing detailed itinerary
- GPX file
- Greek traditional snack
- Entrance ticket to the Temple of Aphaia and its Museum
Meeting Point: Heroes Monument Square (right across from the taxi stand of the main port)
Time: Upon confirmation
- During summer, don’t forget water, sunglasses and hat
- Bring swimwear if you wish to swim!
- Wear comfortable shoes
Throughout a year