Artisans & Markets Walk ~ Your Greek shopping therapy – Α walking tour to indulge in local open markets and experience local crafts and artisans. Our walk will take you through the most vibrant parts of the city and everyday life, allowing you to stroll and buy your local treasures.
Starting from the Trekking Hellas Athens base, at the Koukaki area, we will walk up Areopagus Hill to admire the view. We will then head south through the Plaka district before we reach the areas of Monastiraki and Psyri. We’ve now reached the marketplace and the well-known Varvakios Market (meat market), a memorable experience!
Around the corner is the old Stock Exchange and Athens City Hall. We then enter a more diverse side of Athens through Geraniou Street, a hidden multicultural neighborhood.
The last part of our walk takes us around Omonia Square, an always buzzing part of Athens.
We get to taste the street food in this area before ending our walk at the Omonia metro station!
- Indulge in the local open markets
- Experience local crafts and artisans
- Walk through the most vibrant parts of the cit
Trekking Hellas offers an array of day or multi-day tours in Athens city. You can combine Artisans & Markets Walk Your Greek shopping therapy tour with Hills of Athens A Walk through Time tour or Get to Know Athens e-bike tour to actively explore Athens and navigate unfamiliar places! For travelers with special preferences or needs, we also customize our tours! Feel free to contact us and we will create the perfect experience for you!
Period of Operation: Every day (Monday-Saturday)
- 60€/pp for 5-8 participants
- 80€/pp for 2-4 participants
- 130€/pp for 1 participant
- Children 8-12 years old pay 50%
- Participation: 2 – 10 (1-person tour available on request). For bigger groups please contact us.
- Basic physical condition
- Minimum age: 8 +
- Experienced Trekking Hellas Athens Guide
- Coffee & snack
- Anything not mentioned above
- Every day (Monday – Saturday) throughout the year
- Meeting Point: Trekking Athens,12 Parthenonos Street, Koukaki, Athens, 11742. (400 m from Sygrou Fix metro station / 500m from Acropolis metro station) – Click Here
- Time: 10.00 am
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.