Enjoy an active day of island scenery, history, breathtaking views and swimming just 1 hour away from Athens !
At only 16.5 nautical miles (about 27 km) from the port of Piraeus, a 1 hour ride on the regular boat, Aegina is a beloved destination for Athenians and international visitors alike, throughout the year, due to its large local population and regular, all year-round, connection to Piraeus. Spectacular ancient temples, mystical medieval settlements, the world-renowned pistachios, centennial olive groves, great hidden beaches, amazing hiking trails, stunning sunsets, and a relaxed island atmosphere –this is Aegina!
On our day tour from Athens, we will enjoy the most popular hike to the temple of Aphaia, followed by a refreshing swim and of course a walk in the tiny and picturesque town.
Period of operation: Throughout the year, every Monday & Thursday and any other day upon request.
Price per person:
- 160€/pp for min 5 – 6 participants
- 190€ for min 3-4 participants
- 230€ for min 2 participants
for less or more participants please contact us
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Athens center to Piraeus and vice versa
- Ferry (regular) Piraeus – Aegina – Piraeus
- English speaking guide
- Local transfers in Aegina for the hike
- Refreshments or coffee
- Professional Guide & Entrance Fees to the Temple of Aphaia
Every Monday and Thursday (and any other date upon request) throughout the year
Meeting point: Your hotel/accommodation in Athens
Meeting time: 07.00 am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Swimming suit and towel during the warm months
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
07.00-07.30 am: Pick up from Athens and transfer to Piraeus Port
08.00-09.30 am: Embark ferry to Aegina
09.30-10.30: Morning refreshments and coffee in the sea front cafes of the harbour
10.30-11.00: Transfer to the starting point of our hike.
11.00-13.00: Hike to the Temple of Aphaia
Through a pine forest accompanied by beautiful sent of thyme and oregano, we will reach the hilltop and the Ancient Temple of Aphaia after a 30 minute hike. Following the visit to the Archaeological site and its Museum (optional, +1 hour needed), our hike takes us downhill to the sea side village of Agia Marina.
13.30-15.30: Time for swimming and lunch in Agia Marina
15.30-16.00: Return to Aegina port
16.00-17.00: free time for shopping, coffee etc
17.00-18.00: ferry back to Piraeus port
18.00-18.30: Transfer back to Athens centre