Canoeing at the Amvrakikos Gulf natural wetland!
We meet at the ancient settlement of Koprena, an important commercial harbour between 6th -10th century. After we visit the stone lighthouse, the house-museum of the light house guardian and the museum of fishing our canoe trip begins. Heading north, we stop at the entrance of the sea lake Argilos where we can see the traditional hamlets of the local fishermen who still use the traditional fishing methods. Our route ends in a traditional fish tavern where we taste local fish such as sardines, prawns mullets, eels and cuttlefish.
The route is of a total distance of 4 nautical miles in Vovos and Arachtos rivers, a very rich wetland with birds, sea turtles and dolphins.
- Culture and action combined
- A typical fisherman’s scenery
- Rich wetland with birds, sea turtles and dolphins
- Savor a delicious fish meal
Period of Operation: All year round
- Easy – suitable for all ages
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- A guided visit to: The lighthouse museum, Argilos lagoon for traditional fishing, fishing museum
- Full course lunch with local seafood at John’s tavern
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Coprena settlement. Click here to see location on the map.
Meeting Time: Upon agreement
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet
- Swimming suit
- Snacks for the activity
- Small backpack with bottled water
10.00: Meeting at Coprena
10.00-10.45: Visit the lighthouse museum