Deos Canyoning in Metsovo! A unique and active experience!
Deos means “awe” in Greek. The Deos Canyon created awe to its first explorers as at some point it becomes a cave, that doesn’t allow natural light to come through. An amazing natural setting for any one who loves canyons! We will abseil down enormous rock formations, giant caves and 30 meter high waterfalls in this incredibly beautiful canyon! If you are looking for a challenging day experience, the Deos Canyoning the right one for you! Our expert team will make sure that you have a memorable time with the highest safety standards!
- Abseil through 8 adventurous waterfalls
- Take the ultimate selfie under the 30-meter waterfall
- Abseil through the canyons enormous dark caves
Time to accomplish: 3 hours
Canyon length: 800 meters
Canyon status: Wet
Total rappels: 8
Highest rappel: 30 meters
Trekking Hellas offers an array of day or multi day tours in this beloved region. If you like to keep active, check out also our Mountain Bike Tour or Rafting Voidomatis! For travelers with special preferences or needs we also customize our tours! Feel free to contact us and we will create the perfect experience for you!
Period of operation: April to October
Level of difficulty: Moderate, no previous canyoning experience required
- 75€/pp for 3 participants
- 65€/pp for 4-6 participants
For less or more participants please contact us
- Lack of acrophobia
- Age 12 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Liability insurance
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Neoprene suits (3.5mm thickness), protecting you from long exposure to water
April to October
Meeting Point: “Peristeri” on Egnatia Highway – Click here to see meeting point on google maps
Meeting Time: 09.30 am
10.30 am: during April & October
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet
- Swimming suit
- Optional snacks for the activity
- Small backpack
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Deos canyon is located in Mt.Lakmos near Metsovo. It’s a 45-minute drive from Ioannina and requires a 15-minute hike to the entry location. To reach the canyon’s exit point, a 30-minute hike is required.
09:30 Meet with your guides, safety briefing and equipment handing out
10:00 Hike towards the canyons΄ entry point
10:30 Activity commencement
13:30 End of activity
14:00 Hike towards canyon’s exit point and your car
14:30 End of program