What is canyoning or else the gorge crossing?
It is a canyon passage following its riverbed, which often requires rappelling and technical means, swimming in the canyon river, jumping in the water and slides. All this in one word is called Canyoning (where it is also the predominant term internationally) or Greek, Technical Canyoning.
The Gorge is very close to Athens and ideal for everyone! In spring and summer, the water is becoming sluggish and in some months, it has no water. The vegetation is wonderful and very dense. The gorge has a total of 16 rappels. Prior to the descent of the gorge, we have one hour’s hiking walk in the beautiful pine forest of Parnitha, towards the cave of Panos. Then we descend the gorge ending to the Monastery of Kleiston.
Period of operation: Throughout the year
- 80€/person for min 6 participants
- 100€/person for min 5 participants
- 120€/person for min 4 participants
- 150€/person for min 3 participants
- 180€/person for min 2 participants
Mental and physical health. You do not need to have previous experience. It is an activity suitable for children as well. (12 years +). It requires elementary physical condition and love for nature. Anyone can participate, both those who are already engaged in canyoning and those who want to try for the first time, as it is easy for beginners.
- Experienced English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Transfer from one of the central metro stations of Athens
- All necessary equipment (neoprene suits, belts, helmet)
- Photo material
Throughout the year
Meeting point: Moni Kimiseos Theotokou Kliston- to view meeting point on the map click here
Meeting time: 08.00 am
- Isothermal clothes
- Second pair of shoes
- Second change of clothes
- 1 Liter of water
- Energy snack
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.