A specially designed tour for cruise passengers approaching Itea port. An authentic Delphi experience along with a traditional village visit and an ancient olive grove hike!
We meet at the port of Itea and drive to Delphi ancient sanctuary. We visit the archaeological site with a professional guide (as time is limited we recommend to skip the museum and focus just on the exterior). Then we drive to Chrisso village, a nicely preserved village with renovated houses a picturesque main square, traditional stone churches and authentic Greek cafes. Located between Arachova and Itea north of the ancient town of Crissa, it offers a magnificent view of the olive groves of Amfissa and the Corinthian Gulf.
There, we enjoy a traditional picnic with local cheeses and an olive oil tasting at the yard of a beautiful chapel.
We hike inside the olive grove up to a point from where we can see ruins of the prehistoric acropolis of Krissa. We continue downhill in a mild route between 3-4 Km’s (1,8-2,4 miles). A support car will follow us on a parallel road during our hike, in case any participant gets tired before our arrival point.
About an hour later we drive back to the port of Itea.
- Visit Delphi Famous Ancient sanctuary
- Savor a picnic in Chrisso picturesque village
- Hike in a unique Mediterranean landscape
- Discover all about the olive culture
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 150€/pp for 5-9 participants
- 180€/pp for 4 participants
- 210€/pp for 3 participants
- 290€/pp for 2 participants
(for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Transport from Itea Port and back
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Professional English speaking licensed guide for the archeological site
- Entrance fees
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Throughout the year
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00 – 9:30: Transfer from Itea port to Delphi
9:30 – 10:30: Visit of Delphi Archeological Site
10:30 – 10:45: Transfer from Delphi to Chrisso village
10:45 – 11:15: Olives and cheese picnic in Chrisso
11:15 – 12:00: Hike to the Ancient Acropolis ruins and St George Chapel
12:00 – 12:45: Hike in the heart of the olive grove
12:45 – 13:00: Transfer to the port of Itea