An unforgettable culinary experience.
Our guide welcomes us under the shade of a plane tree, in a traditional yet comfortable setting. We prepare and taste home made local specialities, such as “Chortopita and Trachanopita” pies, “Sarmades” a great appetiser made from tender vine and cabbage leaves wrapped into little stuffed rolls, local cheese like “Formaela”, “Graviera”, “feta”, “ Misithra” and “psomotiri”, sausages, different varieties of olives, salads, fruits, local yoghurt with homemade jam, coffee and “Tsipouro” shots. Our guide explains all about local products and gives us a booklet with the recipes we taste. Our meal is accompanied with wines from Argyriou vineyard located in Polydroso on the slopes of the northern side of Mount Parnassos, producing 9 different types of wine with a particular emphasis on the cultivation of forgotten Greek varieties.
- Prepare and taste local specialties
- Learn all about traditional cheese and yogurt production
- Taste wines with a particular emphasis on the cultivation of forgotten Greek varieties
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 65€/person for 5-6 participants
- 70€/person for min 4 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch and wine tasting
10:45 –Meeting in Arachova mountain village
11:00 – 12:00 Cook local specialties
12:00 – 13:00 Food and Wine tasting