A demanding and rewarding hike, through the history of Santorini offering breathtaking views.
We start from Pyrgos, the highest village of the island, visiting its medieval castle.
Since we reach Ancient Thira, dated from the 9th century BC when king Thiras colonized Santorini, we have already reached the summit of Santorini – Profitis Ilias. After an optional visit to the Archeological Site, we descend, while admiring the Aegean Sea, to the village of Perissa with the famous black beach.
A specially designed hike for those who want to exercise while on holidays, while admiring historical sites and enjoying spectacular views.
Period of operation: May to October
Price: 95€/person for min 2 participants
- Good physical condition
- Age over 8
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
Meeting Point: Your hotel or other lodging
Meeting Time: 09:00am
May to October.
09.00: Pick up from your hotel or other lodging
09.30 – 13.00: Hiking
13.00: Transfer back to your hotel or lodging