Hiking in Xerovouni Central Evia! A beautiful hike in the lush natural environment of central Evia!
Xerovouni is a limestone mountain in central Evia. It is essentially a continuation of the imposing mountain complex of Dirfy. Its highest peak, Portaris, is at an elevation of 1,453 m.
The mountain boasts lush and diverse forests mainly of pine, fir, beech and chestnut trees.
Hiking in Xerovouni Central Evia is ideal for active travelers seeking authentic destinations off the beaten path!
Our trail starts near Dirfy’s mountain hut and ends in the Xerovouni Plateau, from where we will enjoy breathtaking views of the peaks and the imposing cliffs. We set off on our hiking day, taking in the marvelous view of the majestic Dirfy mountain on our left and Xerovouni mountain on our right. An awe inspiring image as they are the highest part of Evia, at 1,743 m and 1,453 m respectively. Continuing on our hiking trail we enter in the forest. Lush and diverse it offers beauty and tranquility to all senses. Although Xerovouni actyally means Dry Mountain in Greek there is noting dry about it! Natural water springs and lush vegetation from evergreen and deciduous trees. As we go up the landscape become alpine with magnificent rocks embracing the peak!
Trekking Hellas offers an array of unique experiences and tours in this beautiful area! Also check out our Canoe Kayak in Kirinthos and River Trekking in Bolovinaina Canyon! Our team is also available to customize any of our activities according to your preferences and needs! Fell free to contact us and we will create your dream holiday experience!
Period of operation: Throughout the year
- 40€/person for min 6 participants
- 50€/person for min 5 participants
- 60€/person for min 4 participants
- 80€/person for min 3 participants
- 100€/person for min 2 participants
Mental and physical health. You do not need to have previous experience. It is an activity suitable for children as well. (12 years +)
- Experienced English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Hiking equipment (poles, helmet) – if needed
- Photo material
WHEN IS THIS ACTIVITY AVAILABLE
Throughout the year
WHAT'S THE MEETING POINT AND TIME
Meeting point: Chalkis City – to view meeting point on the map click here
Meeting time: 08.00 am
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME
- Hiking boots
- Poles (optional)
- A second change of clothes & shoes
- Windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle (1 liter).As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- In the winter season extra: cap, gloves, waterproof jacket & pants