A few words about Xirovouni …
Xerovouni is a limestone mountain in central Evia and is essentially a continuation of Dirfy mountain complex. Its highest peak, Portaris, is 1,453 m high.
The vegetation of the mountain consists mainly of pine and fir trees and secondly of beech and chestnut forests.
Our route …
The route we will follow, starts near Dirfy’s shelter and ends at Xerovouni Plateau, where you can enjoy the view of the peaks and the imposing wall.
We start for our hiking experience, enjoying the marvelous view of the majestic Dirfy mountain on our left and Xerovouni mountain on our right, that causes awe as they are the highest part of Evia, at 1,743 m and 1,453 m respectively.
Then we will walk on our path, in the forest, rich in flora. Do not get confused because of its name, since nothing but “dry” is Xerovouni (in Greek it means Dry mountain) since there are many springs and great vegetation from evergreen and deciduous trees. As we go up the landscape will become alpine with magnificent rocks embracing the peak!
Period of operation: Throughout the year
- 40€/person for min 6 participants
- 50€/person for min 5 participants
- 60€/person for min 4 participants
- 80€/person for min 3 participants
- 100€/person for min 2 participants
Mental and physical health. You do not need to have previous experience. It is an activity suitable for children as well. (12 years +)
- Experienced English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- Hiking equipment (poles, helmet) – if needed
- Photo material
WHEN IS THIS ACTIVITY AVAILABLE
Throughout the year
WHAT'S THE MEETING POINT AND TIME
Meeting point: Chalkis City – to view meeting point on the map click here
Meeting time: 08.00 am
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME
- Hiking boots
- Poles (optional)
- A second change of clothes & shoes
- Windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle (1 liter).As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- In the winter season extra: cap, gloves, waterproof jacket & pants