Mt. Parnitha is the closest mountain to Athens, and the only National Park in Europe so close to a capital (40km). The National Park of Parnitha is a natural wonder, with 42 mammal species living in it, among them deer, foxes and many kinds of birds. There are numerous hiking trails in the mountain of varying difficulty, suitable for every hiker. If you are visiting Athens, don’t miss out this wonderful outdoors opportunity. Choose one of the three routes described below and discover the hidden side of Athens!
- Hike in the closest to a European capital, National Park
- Choose between a variety of well-planned trekking routes, for all levels of hikers
- Enjoy a healthy Mediterranean meal in Bafi shelter
Period of Operation: All year round
- 65€/pp for 5-6 participants
- 70€/pp for 2-4 participants
- Basic physical condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek Mediterranean meal
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off with minivan up to 6 people. (For 7 people and more a minibus is used with different cost)
Throughout the year
Meeting point: Your hotel/accommodation in Athens
Meeting time: 09.30 am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Route A: Bafi Shelter – Mola – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 6Km / 3,7 Miles
- Elevation: 100m -/328 ft
- Hiking duration: 3 hours
- Excursion duration: 6 hours
Easy route, ideal for families. The hike begins from Bafi Shelter and most of it is in the dense fir forest. We pass by the springs of Koromilia and Mesiano Nero until we reach the plateau of Mola. After we rest and possibly encounter some red deer, we return through the same path but with a different viewpoint at Bafi Shelter.
Route B: Bafi Shelter – Skipiza – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 5,5Km / 3,4 Miles
- Elevation: 100m / 328 ft
- Hiking duration: 3,5 – 4hours
- Excursion duration: 7 hours
A loop route starting and ending to Bafi Shelter. The path is in a dense fir forest along with cedars and black pine trees. It is one of the most beautiful routes of the mountain during which we will also visit the fire guardhouse and reach the famous Skipiza spring.
Route C: Bafi Shelter – Koromilia – Mola – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 7,5Km / 4,6 Miles
- Elevation: 200m / 656 ft
- Hiking duration: 4,5 hours
- Excursion duration: 8 hours
The hike begins from Bafi Shelter and most of it is in the dense fir forest. We pass by the spring of Mesiano Nero until we reach the plateau of Mola. After we rest and possibly encounter some red deer we enter a densely vegetated path towards the spring of Koromilia in the heart of Mt.Parnitha national park and at an altitude above 1000 meters.
Want to hike more? There are more hiking possibilities on longer trails up to 11 km’s (6,8 Miles) which we operate on a request basis.
09:30: departure from your hotel or other accommodation in Athens
10:30: arrival at the mountain
10:30 – 13:30: hiking into the forest
13:30-14:30: lunch at Mpafi refuge and free time to enjoy the spectacular view
14:30-15.30: departure and arrival to your accommodation in Athens