Hiking Mt.Parnitha is a full day activity in the National Park, just 1 hour away from the center of Athens.
Our enthusiastic and professional guides, will meet you at your hotel in Athens in the morning and drive with you to the National Park of Mt.Parnitha. Mt. Parnitha is the closest mountain to Athens and the only National Park in Europe so close to a capital (40km). It is a natural wonder, with lush pine forests, 42 mammal species living in it, among them deer, foxes and many kinds of birds. A breath of fresh air right next to busy Athens.
Upon arrival you will have some time to rest and refresh at our Trekking Hellas base. The Mountain Hut of Bafi! There are numerous hiking trails in the mountain of varying difficulty, suitable for every fitness level. Our guide will recommend the ideal route for you.
Your Hiking Mt.Parnitha day ends at Bafi Mountain Hut, where you will enjoy a delicious home made Greek meal! Full of nice memories and experiences we will then return to Athens.
If you like the tranquility of mountains you can even spend a night or more at the Bafi Mountain Hut in Mount Parnitha. You can always combine your stay with other popular activities like caving or biking in the Tatoi Royal Estate.
- Hike in the National Park of Parnitha
- Choose between a variety of well-planned trekking routes, suitable for all levels of hikers
- Enjoy a healthy Mediterranean meal in the Bafi mountain hut
Period of Operation: All year round
Days of Operation: Monday-Wednesday-Saturday and any other day upon request on a private basis
Price: 85€/pp for min 2 participants
- Basic physical condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek Mediterranean meal
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off with minivan up to 6 people. (For 7 people and more a minibus is used with different cost)
Throughout the year
Meeting point: Your hotel/accommodation in Athens
Meeting time: 09.30 am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Route A: Bafi Shelter – Mola – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 6Km / 3,7 Miles
- Elevation: 100m -/328 ft
- Hiking duration: 3 hours
- Excursion duration: 6 hours
Easy route, ideal for families. The hike begins from Bafi Shelter and most of it is in the dense fir forest. We pass by the springs of Koromilia and Mesiano Nero until we reach the plateau of Mola. After we rest and possibly encounter some red deer, we return through the same path but with a different viewpoint at Bafi Shelter.
Route B: Bafi Shelter – Skipiza – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 5,5Km / 3,4 Miles
- Elevation: 100m / 328 ft
- Hiking duration: 3,5 – 4hours
- Excursion duration: 7 hours
A loop route starting and ending to Bafi Shelter. The path is in a dense fir forest along with cedars and black pine trees. It is one of the most beautiful routes of the mountain during which we will also visit the fire guardhouse and reach the famous Skipiza spring.
Route C: Bafi Shelter – Koromilia – Mola – Bafi Shelter
- Distance: 7,5Km / 4,6 Miles
- Elevation: 200m / 656 ft
- Hiking duration: 4,5 hours
- Excursion duration: 8 hours
The hike begins from Bafi Shelter and most of it is in the dense fir forest. We pass by the spring of Mesiano Nero until we reach the plateau of Mola. After we rest and possibly encounter some red deer we enter a densely vegetated path towards the spring of Koromilia in the heart of Mt.Parnitha national park and at an altitude above 1000 meters.
Want to hike more? There are more hiking possibilities on longer trails up to 11 km’s (6,8 Miles) which we operate on a request basis.
09:30: departure from your hotel or other accommodation in Athens
10:30: arrival at the mountain
10:30 – 13:30: hiking into the forest
13:30-14:30: lunch at Mpafi refuge and free time to enjoy the spectacular view
14:30-15.30: departure and arrival to your accommodation in Athens