Hiking Vradeto Steps! A wonderful hike from Vradeto, the highest built Zagori village.
The 44 traditional stone villages of the Zagori area, named Zagorochoria, are beautiful and unique as they had been protected by modern civilization until very recently! Here one can take a real glimpse on the past!
Our Hiking Vradeto Steps starts from the village of Vradeto, at an altitude of 1350 meters. The stone made steps were since 1973 the only road available to connect Vradeto with the rest of the world! The path is made of 1200 steps and 39 turns and ends at the picturesque village of Kapesovo, that offers wonderful views. During our hike, we visit the viewpoint Beloi, a naturally made stone balcony, offering magnificent views to the legendary Vikos Gorge. Our tour will end at the central square of the village for a refreshing drink.
- Panoramic view to Vikos gorge from Below viewpoint
- Hike the most iconic and well-preserved cobblestone path (skala) of Zagori!
*Trekking Hellas offers and array of hikes and active experiences all over Greece. Our team also creates tailor made tours and activities, so feel free to contact us if your preferences and needs are not met by our programs. We will help you design the prefect vacation for you! Also check out our Active & Culture Tour in Zagori and Hike Northern Greece!
Period of operation: Throughout the year
- 30€/pp for 5-6 participants
- 40€/pp for min 4 participants
- 50€/pp for min 3 participants
- 60€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age from 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide.
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Vradeto Village – to view meeting point on the map click here
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
10:00 Meeting in Vradeto with your guide and welcome briefing
11:00 Arrival in below viewpoint
12:30 Arrival in Vradeto for short break and pic nick snack
13:00 Hike in the Vradeto steps
15:00 Arrial in Kapesovo and local transfer to Vradeto
15:30 Arrival in Kapesovo, end of the activity