Hills of Athens walking tour is a tour designed for people who like to actively explore Athens. In 3.5 hour walk you will be introduced to most of the important sites in the city, ranging from ancient to modern times! The walk is full of superb views and fascinating stories.
An active walk offering superb views and fascinating stories!
Starting from the lively Koukaki area, where Trekking Hellas Athens base is located, we will first walk up the Hill of the Muses as well as the Hill of the Nymphs with amazing views towards the Acropolis. Then our walk takes us on the Hill of Pnyx, where we check out the meeting place of the Assembly in Classical Athens — the quintessence of Athenian Democracy. We will also see the National Observatory dating from the 19th century.
Our exploration then takes us to the Hills of Areopagus and the Odeon of Herod Atticus. We then get lost in the maze of Anafiotika district, before we find our way towards the Acropolis Museum area.
Next stops are the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch and we then explore the National Gardens. We make our way through this historical park and we will also see the Presidential Mansion. Finally, we start walking up towards Lycabettus Hill which surely offers stunning views of Athens! On our way down we pass by the bustling Kolonaki area, before we end our walk in Evangelismos Metro Station.
Hills of Athens walking tour details:
- Meeting time: 10.00 am & 17.00 pm
- Meeting point: Trekking Athens,12 Parthenonos Street, Koukaki, Athens, 11742. (400 m from Sygrou Fix metro station / 500m from Acropolis metro station)
- Finishing point: Evangelismos Metro Station
- Distance: 7,4Km / 4,6 Miles, including uphill parts
Trekking Hellas offers an array of day or multi day tours in Athens city. You can combine Hills of Athens A Walk through Time tour with Artisans & Markets Walk Your Greek shopping therapy tour or Get to Know Athens e-bike tour to actively explore Athens and navigate unfamiliar places! For travelers with special preferences or needs we also customize our tours! Feel free to contact us and we will create the perfect experience for you!
Period of Operation: Every day (Monday-Saturday)
- 60€/pp for 5-8 participants
- 80€/pp for 2-4 participants
For less or more participants please contact us.
Basic physical condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Snacks (street snack)
Every day (Monday – Saturday) throughout the year
Meeting Point: Trekking Athens,12 Parthenonos Street, Koukaki, Athens, 11742. (400 m from Sygrou Fix metro station / 500m from Acropolis metro station)- Click Here
Time: Morning tour 10.00 am / Sunset Tour: 17.00 pm
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.