A 4×4 active, full day discovery of the highlights of Karpenisi.
In the morning, our drivers meet you at your hotel. We drive through the beautiful and dense forest of Kaliakouda mountain and after a wonderful and wild ride, we arrive at Krikellopotamos River. We will walk for about 45 minutes in the river to get to the lovely waterfalls “Always Raining” (Pantavrehei).
We then head to the gorge of the Black Cave, where we enjoy a short hike of one hour, admiring the impressive waterfalls and the Black Cave.
Time for some fun and adrenaline, with a thrilling rappel (25 meters high) from the bridge in Dipotama area. We end up to the beautiful village of “Megalo Chorio” to relax and enjoy local sweets and a nice coffee before we get back to our hotel late in the afternoon.
Total Driving Distance: 150Km
Period of Operation: May to September
- 60€/pp for min 6 participants
- 70€/pp for min 5 participants
- 80€/pp for min 4 participants
- 100€/pp for min 3 participants
- 125€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Participants must be at least 5 years old.
- Jeep 4×4 & fuel
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional snack
- River trekking in the canyon “Always Raining”
- Hiking in the gorge of Black Cave and
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off
From May to September
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Karpenisi area
Meeting Time: 09.30 am
- Small backpack, that you can carry easily as in some parts we have to hold them above the water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- A second pair of shoes that will get wet or Tewa sandals
- Swimming suit
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles
09.30: Meet and pick up from your hotel in Karpenisi region
09.30-11.30: Jeep Crossing Kaliakouda mountain and Krikelopotamos river
11.30-13.00: River trekking Krikelopotamos river and lunch
13.30-15.30: Jeep crossing to Black Cave
15.30-17.00: Hiking Black Cave
17.00-18.00: Drive to Dipotama and 25 m rappel from the bridge
18.00: Drive to Megalo Chorio for coffee
19.30: Return to your hotel