Lake Tsivlou, was created in 1913 by a landslide between the villages of Sylivena & Τsivlos. The lake is very deep and is fed by underground sources and forest streams. Lake Tsivlou is considered to be the youngest natural lake in Europe.
Our Canoeing Lake Tsivlou tour starts with us meeting at our designated point at the lake. We start our activity by hiking round the lake surrounded by a lush pine forest. We then gather for the necessary preparations and a safety briefing and hop on to our canoes and start off by practicing in the water! Our guides will paddle with us circumnavigating the lake, and depending on the group (families, adults etc.) they will adapt the experience with racing, fun games etc coming up with a great mountain experience.
After our paddling experience, we will enjoy a traditional picnic by the lake.
You can combine your Canoeing Lake Tsivlou tour with a stay in Kalavryta at the beautiful Orias Guesthouse and Farm. Unique hospitality in spacious rooms overlooking Mt Chelmos and delicious meals with homegrown ingredients straight from the farm.
Trekking Hellas offers a variety of activities in Kalavryta and the Peloponnese, like the Vouraikos Cog Railway Hike or the Off Road Tour in Mt Chelmos. In close proximity to Kalavryta in the region of Arcadia you can enjoy Rafting and Hiking in Lousios Gorge. Our tours can be incorporated in our multi day adventures likes our Active and Culture Tour in the Peloponnese.
Period of Operation: May to October
- 85€/person for min 5-6 participants
- 95€/person for min 3-4 participants
- 105€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
*Kayak rental available for 25€/pp for on the spot bookings
Basic Physical Condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
- Greek traditional Picnic
- Anything not mentioned above
From May to October
Meeting point: Paradisos tavern by the lake Tsivlou. See here
Time: 11:00am and 15:00
- Swimming suit
- Small backpack
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- 11:00am Meet at Paradisos tavern by the lake Tsivlou
- 11:00am – 12:00 Hike around the lake
- 12:00 -12:15 briefing and fitting equipment
- 12:15 – 13:15 Paddling
- 13:15 – 14:00 Traditional picnic
- 15:00 Meet at Paradisos tavern by the lake Tsivlou
- 15:00 – 16:00 Hike around the lake
- 16:00 -16:15 briefing and fitting equipment
- 16:15 – 17:15 Paddling
- 17:15 – 18:00 Traditional picnic