- Visit Lindos on foot and avoid the crowds
- Go off the beaten track
- Hike on rocky trails, while admiring the endless blue sea and the temple of Lindia Athena.
With a private coach bus , we set off for Vlicha, a sea side village located next to Lindos, on the East coast of Rhodes. At the start of the trail, following mainly dirt roads, we immediately leave behind us the buzz of the busy road, and move towards the west. Soon enough we walk underneath mature pine trees, whose existence is clearly surprising on this dry rocky land around Lindos. We follow then a trail that passes on the foothill of vertical limestone slopes, surely amazing, visiting afterwards, an impressive cave and admiring the remains of an agricultural life – somehow forgotten here nowadays. Finally, the hike reaches its highest point, and is time for some worthy pictures of “Navarone Bay” with its azure colored water, or even some meditation on how beautiful this endless sea is. After some walking downwards, we experience the first glimpse of the hill where the Acropolis of Lindos proudly stands. No words are enough to describe its beauty, so we will have the chance to go closer, roaming in the narrow streets of the whitewashed village of Lindos. Some free time will be given for visiting the Archeological site and then we hike back to Vlycha from a different route.
The tour operates every Tuesday and any other date upon request
Period of Operation: Every Tuesday from April to October
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (1 for 10 participants)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (please check detailed list of pick up points)
- 1 bottle of water
- Traditional snack
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
Every Tuesday (April to October)
Meeting point: Your hotel or other lodging. Pick up from :Rhodes town, Ixia, Ialysos, Kremasti, Paradeisi, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Kolympia, Vlycha, Haraki, Lindos, Pefkoi.
Meeting time: 08.00 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- sun block
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Optionally swimming suit and towel
08.00 Pick up from your hotel or other lodging
09.00 – 11.00 Hiking
11.00 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Hiking
11.45 – 12.45 Free time at Lindos
12.45 – 13.45 Hiking back to Vlicha
14.00 Transfer back