Hiking Tour Exploring Lindos is a guided day tour to one of the most impressive gems of Rhodes, the Acropolis of Lindos.
The hiking tour starts in the area of Vlicha, a beach located close to Lindos, on the East coast of Rhodes. As we set off on this trail, we leave behind the buzz of the busy main road and head towards the west on a dirt track. Very soon we find ourselves hiking in the shade of old pine trees. The greenery here is a pleasant surprise when you think of how rocky and barren the land around Lindos is, as seen from the road. Hiking Tour Exploring Lindos takes us past imposing limestone mountain sides and on the way we visit an impressive cave. It is here in the area of the cave that we can see how the people of Lindos once provided for themselves agriculturally.
Hiking Lindos is a favourite hiking tour of ours as it is an unusual way of visiting such an important historical archaeological site. You will never forget your first glimpse of it from on high, surrounded by the magnificent colours of the Mediterranean Sea. The colours are even more breathtaking when we look down onto “Navarone Bay” where we look in wonderment at the blues and greens of the water there. Hiking Tour Exploring Lindos obviously has so much more to offer and so we head down to get a real taste of this famous tourist attraction. Once in Lindos you have time to explore the narrow lanes from up close and visit the archaeological site if you wish. On the way back we take a different route, allowing us to admire Lindos from yet another angle. A visit to an intriguing little church, nestled among the rocks is also part of our return journey. Here we can admire another popular beach on the island, Vlicha, and views all along the coast towards the north of the island.
For anyone who likes to be different and wants a unique way to visit this amazing monument – this is for you! You get to enjoy the attraction much like any other tourist but you also get to experience so much more! We are sure that Hiking Tour Exploring Lindos will be an unforgettable day for you!
The tour operates every Tuesday and any other date upon request.
Highlights of Hiking Tour Exploring Lindos:
- Visit Lindos on foot and avoid the crowds.
- Go off the beaten track.
- Hike on rocky trails, while admiring the beautiful Mediterranean Sea and the temple of Lindia Athena from on high.
- Distance: 12,3 Km/7,6 Miles
- Altitude Difference: 300 M/984 Ft
- Duration: Actual Hiking Time: 3,5 Hrs / Total Activity Duration: 6 Hrs
- Terrain: Dirt road, rocky trail, pavement alley
Period of Operation: Every Tuesday from April – 15 June & 1st September – End of November
Price: 53€ per person for minimum 2 participants
Participants Age: Min 8 – Max 70
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (1 for every 10 participants)
- Drinking Water Supply
- Traditional snack of Rhodes
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
Every Tuesday from April – 15 June & 1st September – End of November
Meeting point: On the main road Kalathos – Lindos, Vlycha area, right side of the road, next to Rena’s Sea View Villa. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting time: 08.30 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking trousers
- spare T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- sun block
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Swimsuit and towel (Optional)
08.30 Meet in Kalathos village – area of Vlicha
08.30 – 11.00 Hiking
11.00 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Hiking
11.45 – 12.45 Free time in Lindos
12.45 – 13.45 Hiking back to Vlicha