Magical Aegina is a day hiking tour, available as self guided or guided! On this tour we explore the centennial olive grove of the island and picturesque mountain villages.
From the starting point, where you will be dropped off, you will reach the heart of the centennial Olive grove after about one hour. Relax among the old trees of this magical valley. You will then go uphill to reach the picturesque village of Pachia Rachi and then descend towards the village of Kapotides. A great location to explore the surroundings. The hike finishes in the settlement of Marathonas. Here you will enjoy a swim and a lovely meal by the sea (optional/subject to season/availability).
Our hosts and guides will make you feel like a local and will also recommend the best spots to enjoy a swim and good meal.
Highlights of Magical Aegina
- Discover the magical valley with the centennial olive trees
- Take your picture in the hollow of the old olive tree
- Visit the preserved traditional mountain villages of Pachia Rahi and Kapotides and enjoy the stunning views
- Swim in the beautiful bay of Marathonas and enjoy a meal by the water (optional)
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
Distance: 5.9 km/3.66 Miles
Grade: Easy. Well defined city streets
Terrain: Paved road, dirt road, stone paved path, dirt path, river pebbles
- 30€/pp for 4 participants (for more participants please contact us)
- 35€/pp for min 2-3 participants
- 45€/pp for min 1 participant
Self Guided Pack :
- Greeting by an English-speaking host, on-call for any emergencies
- Transfer to starting point
- Pick-up at ending point
- Booklet containing detailed itinerary
- GPX file
- Greek traditional snack
Meeting Point: Heroes Monument Square (right across from the taxi stand of the main port)
Time: Upon confirmation
- During summer, don’t forget water, sunglasses and hat
- Bring swimwear if you wish to swim!
- Wear comfortable shoes
Throughout the year