Enjoy an in-depth tour in the area of Meteora, with your own private guide!
A program designed to give you a full perspective around nature, the culture and the history that surrounds Meteora by hiking, visiting monasteries, tasting the traditional treats and meeting with a local painter of Byzantine art.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 50€/pp for 4-6 participants
- 60€/pp for min 3 participants
- 80€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- One hour visit inside two monasteries Great Meteoron and Varlaam
- Stops in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and information about the local traditions, myths and history
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- Visit and lecture about Byzantine art in English by local icon artist
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 2 persons: 17€/person
- 3 persons: 12€/person
- 4 persons: 10€/person
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Kastraki Village Central Square. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Following the main road from Kalampaka to Meteora monasteries turn right when you reach Kastraki village following the road sign towards the center of the village.
Meeting Time: June – September: 09.00am / October – May: 09.30am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
We start our hike from the square of Kastraki village and after a while, we enter the path on the foot of the cliffs. We will pass beneath the ruined monastery of Pantocrator on the north side of the rock Ntoupiani.
We then head to the heart of the lush forest and reach the abandoned and restored Monastery of the “Ipapanti” and the statue of the agonist of the Greek revolution Papathymios Vlahavas.
Then, the trail leads us to the top of the cliffs until we reach the impressive monasteries “Great Meteoro” and “Varlaam” which we visit.
Afterward, we go downhill close to Kastraki to enjoy a picnic with local traditional delicacies and drink, passing next to the cave of St. George Mandila, where every year climbers ascend to hang their scarves.
We reach the byzantine Paint studio at Kastraki and have a lecture from a local artist regarding the history and the techniques of Byzantine art (hagiography) that adorn the walls of the monasteries.