Enjoy a unique breathtaking experience, visiting one of the tallest rocks of Meteora!
We hike safely at the ancient path paved on the edge of the cliffs and enjoy the astonishing views between the rocks and Kalampaka. The path we follow was used in the middle ages by the monks who lived in the ruined small monastery of Twelve Apostles. The rock of Great Saint also used to be part of the ancient fortifications of the town below thousands of years ago.
A scramble and via ferrata unforgettable adventure!
Period of Operation: All year round
- 45€/pp for 4-6 participants
- 50€/pp for 2-3 participants
- 100€/pp for min 1 participant (for more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 7 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- All necessary safety equipment
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Following the main road from Kalampaka to Meteora monasteries turn right when you reach Kastraki village following the road sign towards the center of the village. Then follow the signs towards “Archontiko Messochori” – after passing the guesthouse continue uphil for 0,3km until you reach the small church of St. Nicolas on the southern end of the village. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting Time: June – September: 09.00am / October – May: 09.30am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)