With pick-up from your hotel in Trikala or Kalampaka, join this Meteora Sunset Tour to explore Meteora without the tourist masses and experience a thrilling sunset view.
A late afternoon tour in Meteora is an excellent way to feel the calmness of the landscape out of the busy hours. Experience unforgettable views from the top of the rocks while our local guides take you to a journey deep into the cultural heritage of the area.
Our Meteora Sunset Tour begins with a visit to a monastery, either Agios Stefanos, or Holy Trinity depending on which one is open each day of the week. Continue our way to the village of Kastraki where we meet the impressive hermitages of Bandovas. Then a visit to the 15th century Byzantine church of the Virgin Mary in the old town of Kalampaka. Our tour leaders give us a detailed tour of the history and the local legends from the best viewpoints of the area.
By continuing our tour we take an uphill drive to the top of the rocks for the day’s highlight. A once in a life time kind of sunset view. Enjoy the colorful sky from the edge of the cliff while the light changes moment by moment.
This tour is an amazing way to complete your day recommended to combine with one of our morning tours for a complete and joyful experience from Meteora.
Highlights of Meteora Sunset Tour:
- Visit inside one of the holy Monasteries
- Visit the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary in Kalampaka
- Visit the Hermitages of Badova
- Enjoy a tour with short walks to the secret gems of the area
- Learn the history from our local guides
- Take amazing photos back home
Period of operation: Throughout the year
- 30€/pp for min 3-6 participants
- 35€/pp for min 2 participants
- English speaking Local Tour Leader/Driver
- Pick-up and drop off service with 9 seater 2020 Van from Trikala, Kalampaka or Kastraki
- Free wifi on board
- Bottled water
- Liability insurance
- VAT and all legal taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Tour inside the monasteries
- Entrance fees 3€/person at each monastery
- Personal travel insurance
Meeting Point: At your hotel lobby in Trikala, Kalampaka or Kastraki.
If you don’t stay in a hotel or guesthouse of the area, you can meet us in the following points.
- September & October : 15.00
- November to February: 14.00
- March & April :15.00
- June to August: 16.00
Subject for 15min change depending on your location
Dress code for visiting the monasteries:
- For men shirts that cover the shoulder and trousers or shorts over the knee length. Sleeveless clothing and shorts shorter than the knee are prohibited.
- For women, skirts longer than knee length and clothing that covers shoulders and chest are required in order to enter the monasteries. Sleeveless clothing, shorts or trousers are prohibited.
- You can bring a backpack to carry your monastery clothing and wear it inside the monasteries.
- Your own personal water bottle (otional). As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
xx.xx: Pick up from your hotel in Trikala, Kalampaka or Kastraki (subject for 15min change depending on your location)
xx.xx Arrive Meteora enjoy a four hour tour with one hour stop in each of three monasteries depending on which are open each day, stops in points of interest and viewpoints.
xx.xx: Arrive back to your hotel (subject for 15min change depending on you location)