Profitis Ilias Hiking is a day guided tour to the islands third highest peak through a beautiful dense pine forest.
We meet in Salakos, a beautiful agricultural village, located on the foothills of the mountain Profitis Ilias. The third biggest mountain of the island awaits us to discover it! The trails ascend its slopes gradually, it is well maintained and suitable also for beginner hikers due to its quality. Most of the hike is under the shade of ilex trees, pine trees and some olive trees. During the uphill part, we enjoy magnificent views on the Aegean Sea, the coastline of Turkey and some nearby islands. Once we arrive in the meadow, we can admire the famous “Elafos and Elafina” (male and female deer in Greek), former Italian buildings built by Italian Colonists on 1929 and 1932 following an Alpine Style of architecture. We will also visit the “Villa de Vecci”, house of the former Italian Governor of Rhodes and the Byzantine church of Profitis Elias. After a short break and a snack, we start the descent back to Salakos.
Highlights of Profitis Ilias Hiking:
- Conquer the third highest peak of the island
- Hike through a dense pine forest
- Visit the two legendary hotels; build by the Italians almost a century ago.
Period of Operation: Every Wednesday from from April – 15 June & 1st September – End of November
Price: 58€ per person for minimum 2 participants
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guides (1 for 10 participants)
- Potable Water Supply
- Traditional snack
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
Every Wednesday from from April – 15 June & 1st September – End of November
Meeting point: Salakos Village, from North to South after Nymph Hotel to the left, 100 m. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting time: 08.30 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
08.30 Meeting in Salakos village
08.30 – 11.00 Hiking from Salakos
11.00 – 11.15 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Visiting Italian buildings
11.45 – 12.45 Hiking back to Salakos