- Conquer the third highest peak of the island
- Hike through a dense pine forest
- Visit the two legendary hotels; build by the Italians almost a century ago.
With a private coach bus we set off for the inland part of Rhodes, towards the central-west area. After a picturesque (approx, one hour from Rhodes town) drive, we reach Salakos, a beautiful agricultural village, located on the foothills of the mountain Profitis Ilias. The third biggest mountain of the island awaits us to discover it! The trails ascent its slopes gradually, it is well maintained and suitable also for beginner hikers due to its quality. Most of the hike is under the shade of ilex trees, pine trees and some olive trees. During the uphill, the views are magnificent towards the Aegean Sea, the coastline of Turkey and some nearby islands. When arrived at the meadow, we can admire the famous “Elafos and Elafina” (male and female deer in Greek), former Italian buildings built by Italian Colonists on 1929 and 1932 following an Alpine Style of architecture. We will also visit the “Villa de Vecci”, house of the former Italian Governor of Rhodes and the Byzantine church of Profitis Elias. After a short break and a snack, we start the descent back to Salakos. Afterwards, transfer to hotel.
Period of Operation: Every Wednesday from April to October
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guides (1 for 10 participants)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (please check detailed list of pick up points)
- 1 bottle of water
- Traditional snack
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
Every Wednesday (April to October)
Meeting point: Your hotel or other lodging . Pick up from :Rhodes town, Ixia, Ialysos, Kremasti, Paradeisi, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Kolympia, Vlycha, Haraki, Lindos, Pefkoi.
Meetig time: 08.00 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
08.00 Pick up from the hotel or another lodging
09.00 – 11.00 Hiking from Salakos
11.00 – 11.15 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Visiting Italian buildings
11.45 – 12.45 Hiking back to Salakos
13.00 Transfer back