A unique rafting experience, an easy and beautiful descent, ideal for beginners with some light waves, repeated turns and 2nd to 3rd degree crossings.
We start our descent at the bridge of Politsa in Abelochori and end in the bridge of Plaka* (very recently destroyed by floods and in process of reconstruction). The entrance to the narrow canyon of Arachtos is truly imposing, with highest pitch reaching 700m. We see many springs coming out of the rocks from chinks, and rare birds nesting in the remote rocks of the canyon.
- Arachtos river with its unique narrow canyon
- Springs running down the narrow walls
- Rare bird life nesting in the gorge
- Fun rapids
- Pass by the destroyed Plaka Bridge
* About the bridge of Plaka:
It used to be the largest one-arch bridge of Balkans. Built in 1866, with a width of 40 metres, and height of 19 metre was a point of attraction for the area. It was destroyed by the floods of January 2015. The attempts to find the missing pieces and reconstruct it has already begun.
Period of Operation: All year round
Basic Physical Condition, age 8 years and above for November – April, 4 years and above for May – October.
- Local transfer (from the TH base to the starting point)
- Professional guides
- All necessary equipment (Neopren suit and shocks, helmet, life jacket)
- Digital Photos
10.00: arrive a rafting base
10.00-10.45: Wear wetsuits and take your equipment
10.45-11.20: Transfer to the starting point
11.20-11.45: Rafting lesson
11.45-14.00: Rafting with stops for swim