A relaxing rafting descent in the crystal clear waters of Voidomatis river, in the heart of the National Park of Vikos – Aoos.
Voidomatis River rises in Vikos gorge and follows an impressive waterway wreathed with age-long plane trees that border its bed and traditional stone bridges over the waters. Voidomatis River joins its crystal clear waters with those of Aoos River, in Konitsa’s plain.
- Rafting in the heart of Vikos-Aoos National Park
- Paddle through turquoise crystal clear waters
- Discover the inner beauty of Voidomatis gorge
- Have fun whilst swimming and jumping in the crystal clear waters
- Pass by the arched bridge of Klidonia
Period of operation: Throughout the year
Price: 35€/pp for min 2 participants
Level of difficulty: Easy
- Basic physical condition
- Age 8 years and above
- Swimming knowledge
- Organized rafting base (changing rooms, w/c, showers, free WiFi)
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Certified & English speaking river guides from the International Rafting Federation (IRF)
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- Free photos and videos
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Trekking Hellas Ioannina rafting base. Click here for our meeting point on the map
- June – September (4 departures/day): 10.00 / 12.00 / 14.00 / 16.00
- September – May: 10.30 am
- Swimming suit or second pair of underwear
- USB Stick or Memory card to transfer your photos
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Our appointment for the rafting descent is given in our rafting base in Klidonia, where we will provide all the necessary safety equipment. When ready, our mini bus will transfer you to the starting location, the bridge of Aristi-Papigo. During the transfer, we will have impressive views of Mt. Tymphi, Astraka towers and Papigo villages.
A safety briefing will follow, some river practice and off we go!
During the descent, we will stop for an optional refreshing dive in Voidomati’s crystal clear waters and visit the deserted 16th-century Agioi Anargyroi monastery. On the final stage of the trip, we paddle under Klidonia’s stone bridge artificial waterfalls. The descent finishes shortly after Klidonia’s bridge just outside our rafting base.
One thing is certain; by the time you reach the end, you’ll wish you could start all over again!
Timetable June – September:
10:00/12.00/14.00/16.00: Meeting in our rafting base in Klidonia, welcome briefing
10:15/12.15/14.15/16.15: Preparations and safety equipment (change in the changing rooms)
10:45/12.45/14.45/16.45: Local transfer from the base to the river
11:10/13.10/15.10/17.10: Safety briefing before the descent
11:30/13.30/15.30/17.30: Activity commencement
13:00/15.00/17.00/19.00: End of activity in our rafting base
Timetable October – May:
10:30: Meeting in our rafting base in Klidonia, welcome briefing
10:45: Preparations and safety equipment (change in the changing rooms)
11:15: Local transfer from the base to the river
11:40: Safety briefing before the descent
12:00: Activity commencement
13:30: End of activity in our rafting base