Relaxing Hike & Picnic in Mt. Parnassos National Park! A wonderful way to spend your day with family and friends!
The National Park of Mt. Parnassos was created in 1938 and is with Mount Olympus one of the oldest National Parks in the country. It is located at the borders of the prefectures of Phocis and Boeotia, between Delphi, Arachova and Agoriani villages. The Cephalonian fir tree and the juniper tree are the main species we will cross in the dense forest area an altitude of 1200 m with a great view to the summits. If we are lucky we may see black little squirrels hiding in the pine trees branches and golden eagles playing with the air flows up in the sky. For Ancient Greeks Mount Parnassos alpine zone was home of the beautiful Nymphs, daughters of mother earth «Gaia», dancing around all day long to honor the Gods.
On our Relaxing Hike & Picnic will follow a circular smooth path and have the opportunity during our hike to see the entrance of the Eptastomos underground cave that was formed byt the southern glacier of Europe and was considered by the ancients as one of the underworld entrances. We will enjoy a picnic stop with local traditional specialties and have the opportunity to talk about local traditions. This program is suitable for families with young children with a baby carrier or a stroller. Total walking distance 6 km (the hike can be shortened) altitude difference 100 m.
- Enjoy the beautiful dense fir forest
- Discover local myths, fauna & flora of the area
- Suitable for families with young children
Period of Operation: April to November
- 120€/person for 1 participant
- 60€/person for 2 participants
- 40€/person for 3 to 6 participants
Basic physical condition – easy level hike
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Transfer from Delphi or Arachova to Livadi plateau
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
April to November
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Delphi or Arachova
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
10:00 Meeting at your hotel in Delphi or Arachova
10:00 – 10:30 Jeep transfer to Livadi plateau area
10:30 – 11:45 Hike in the National Park forested area
11:45 – 12:15 picnic brake
12:15 – 13:30 Hike in the National Park forested area
13:30 – 14:00 Transfer back to Arachova or Delphi