Religious Aegina is a day hiking tour available as self guided or guided. On this hike we eplore great monasteries, medieval settlements and more!
Your exploration begins at the imposing monastery of St. Nektarios! Thousands of Christians from around the world come to pay their respects every year. Right across the hill, lie the ruins of Paliahora, the island’s medieval settlement where about 35 stone chapels still survive. Your journey ends in Souvala, a traditional fishing little town and the second port of Aegina. In the outskirts of Souvala you can visit the warm springs of “Therma”, famous since antiquity, for an optional meal and swim.
Our hosts and guides will make you feel like a local and will also recommend the nice spots to enjoy a swim.
Highlights of Religious Aegina Tour
- Visit two main landmarks of the island, the monastery of Agios Nektarios and the medieval settlement of Paliahora
- Relax on the medieval hill of Paliahora and enjoy beautiful views of the island
- Swim in the picturesque fishing village of Souvala and enjoy a greek meze by the water (optional)
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
Distance: 4.5 km/2.79 Miles
Grade: Easy. Well defined city streets
Terrain: Paved road, dirt road, dirt path
- 35€/pp for 4 participants (for more participants please contact us)
- 40€/pp for min 2-3 participants
- 50€/pp for min 1 participant
Self Guided Pack :
- Greeting by an English-speaking host, on-call for any emergencies
- Transfer to starting point
- Pick-up at ending point
- Booklet containing detailed itinerary
- GPX file
- Greek traditional snack
Meeting Point: Heroes Monument Square (right across from the taxi stand of the main port)
Time: Upon confirmation
- During summer, don’t forget water, sunglasses and hat
- Bring swimwear if you wish to swim!
- Wear comfortable shoes
Throughout the year