River Trekking Neda is a guided day tour, out and around the only river in Greece with a female name.
Upon arrival to our designated meeting point, your guides will greet and give you your safety equipment. During the hike you will pass through stone bridges, narrow cliffs, underwater caves and impressive waterfalls. You will be walking along the riverbanks and inside the river. At some narrower parts you will also need to swim to pass through. The hike ends in a paradisaical scenery, a magnificent waterfall creating natural river pools where we can swim completing our extraordinary experience. After such an exciting time we will enjoy a Greek homemade picnic with savory local products. A Trekking Hellas vehicle will transfer you back to your cars where we say good bye full of great memories and scenery.
Highlights of River Trekking Neda:
- Hike among the narrow cliffs of the gorge
- Explore underwater caves
- Swim in the blue lagoon and under the waterfalls of Neda
Trekking Hellas offers numerous other exciting activities in the Peloponnese. From day activities like hiking in Vouraikos Gorge in Kalavryta, to multi day culture and adventure trips. For hiking enthusiasts we recommend not to miss stunning Lousios Gorge or the Temple of Apollo Hike.
Period of Operation: Middle of June to September
- 60€/pp for 4-6 participants
- 80€/pp for min 3 participants
- 120€/pp for min 2 participants
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above – max age 55 years old
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
Meeting Point: In the bridge between Platania and Figaleia Click here to see the location on the map.
Meeting Time: upon communication
- A second pair of shoes that will get wet or Tewa sandals
- Swimming suit
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Small backpack, that you can carry easily as in some parts we have to hold them above the water
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
11.30 am: Meet at Fygalia Bridge wear neoprene suits
11.30-14.00: Hike and stop for picnic
14.00-16.00: Continue hiking and swim in the waterfalls
16.00-17.00: Return transfer to the starting point