River Trekking in the upper part of the Voidomatis River! An exhilarating experience in a beautiful natural setting!
We start our River Trekking from the village of Vikos and head towards the natural springs of Voidomatis. Here we gear up, wear our wet suits and start entering the Gorge. During this amazing trek, we have to cross the river several times, take in the views of the traditional stone bridges above the river and the magnificent scenery that the ravine offers. This beautiful river has a stable temperature of 4 ° C all year round. Its ice cold waters will of course not stop us from a refreshing swim in its beautiful blue-green waters. It is considered to be one of the cleanest rivers in Europe as its water is potable. Half way through our trek we enjoy a traditional picnic in the gorge to regain our energy and then continue towards Aristi’s bridge, where we end our trek.
- An ideal escape for the hot summer days
- Discover the inner beauty of Vikos-Aoos National Park
- Swimming in Voidomatis crystal clear waters!
Trekking Hellas offers an array of day or multi day tours in this beloved region. If you like to keep active, check out also our Mountain Bike Tour or Rafting Voidomatis! For travelers with special preferences or needs we also customize our tours! Feel free to contact us and we will create the perfect experience for you!
Period of operation: June to October
- 45€/pp for 6 participants
- 50€/pp for 4-5 participants
- 60€/pp for 3 participants
- 70€/pp for min 2 participants
For less or more participants please contact us
- Good physical condition
- Age from 12 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
From June to October
Meeting Point: Vikos Village – to view meeting point on the map click here
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- A second pair of shoes that will get wet or Tewa sandals
- Swimming suit
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Small backpack, that you can carry easily as in some parts we have to hold them above the water
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
10:00 Meeting with your guide at Vikos village, welcome briefing, equipment
11:30 Arrival in Voidomatis springs, trek starts
13:30 Short break for picnic snack
15:30 Arrival in Aristi’s bridge and local transfer to Vikos
16:00 Arrival in Vikos, end of the activity