Rock Climbing Mt. Parnitha, just an hour from Athens!
An impressive route, without any special difficulties, ideal for beginner climbers.
The rocks of Varympompi, where our climbing program Rock Climbing Mt. Parnitha usually takes place, are some of the oldest meeting points of mountain and rock climbers in the wider area of Athens. Climbing routes are appropriate for the most experienced climbers as well as beginners.
We meet and drive for about half an hour to the starting point of the climb. The fascinating route upwards, on the predestined climbing rock awaits! Our professional climbers will give you technical instructions and go through all safety precautions. Then, the action begins!
We climb up and enjoy the spectacular views from the top of the rocks.
A really fun program that gives the chance for someone to safely climb on real rocks. And all that so close to Athens!
- Experience the adrenaline rush of rock climbing
- Enjoy spectacular views of Athens
- Gain self-confidence by accomplishing a unique activity
- Absorb the tips our climbing experts have to offer
Note: Our aim is to get you acquainted with the sport of climbing, or give you a chance to apply what you already know. We do not provide official certification or professional climbing training. This can be achieved by mountaineering clubs and certified climbing schools.
Period of Operation: March to November
- 85€/pp for 5-6 participants
- 100€/pp for 2-4 participants
- 8 years and above
- Basic physical condition
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Meeting point: Your hotel/accommodation in Athens
Meeting time: 09.30 am
- Climbing shoes (recommended) or runners
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- A long sleeved t-shirt and a second T-shirt
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
March to November
09:30: departure from your hotel/other accommodation in Athens
10:00: short hike and arrival at the climbing field. Our guides will help you get acquainted with the climbing equipment. (climbing belt/baudrier, helmets, etc)
10:00 – 14:30: climbing with a short break for a picnic
15:00-16.00: departure and arrival to your accommodation