Set off on a hike that tests your endurance and leads you to the highest point of the island, letting you enjoy the wild untouched nature of Santorini’s summits and spectacular 360° panoramic views.
Start the day with a convenient pickup from your hotel and a ride to the trailhead in Pyrgos, one of the most quiet and peaceful villages on the island. From here, you begin a hike that takes you along a rugged island trail, past an ancient monastery and the wild untouched nature of Santorini’s summits.
You soon reach Profitis Ilias, the highest point of the island that reaches an altitude of 1,860 feet (567 m). There, enjoy a small picnic while admiring a breathtaking view overlooking the entire island.
Continue by descending down the hillside, admiring views of the deep blue Aegean Sea. One last stop will bring you to the cemetery of Ancient Thira where our knowledgeable guide will regale you with stories of how villagers used to escape pirate raids. Finish your hike in Perissa, from where you will be transported back to your accommodation.
- The panoramic views from Santorini’s highest point
- The untouched nature of Santorini’s summits
- Pyrgos, one of the most peaceful villages on the island
- The cemetery of Ancient Thira
- A demanding hike, for those who want to exercise while on holidays
- Convenient roundtrip transportation to & from your hotel
Price: 95€/person for min 2 participants
- Good physical condition
- Age over 8
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English speaking Guide
- Walking Sticks
- Light Picnic
- Photos of the trip
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
Meeting Point: Your hotel or other lodging
Meeting Time: 09:00am
April to October.
09.00: Pick up from your hotel or other lodging
09.30 – 13.00: Hiking
13.00: Transfer back to your hotel or lodging