Sea Kayaking Tour -The Pirates’ Route is an unforgettable sea kayaking tour which lasts half a day. Join us to enjoy exploring Rhodes from the ocean!
We start our amazing sea kayaking tour at Kathara Beach in Faliraki. After teaching you all you need to know, we start paddling along the East Coast of Rhodes. Sea Kayaking Tour -The Pirates’ Route allows you to experience three of the best beaches on Rhodes from up close. On the way, you get to admire breathtaking rock formations and the stunning colours of the Mediterranean Sea. Along the route you even have the chance to dive into these beautiful waters, direct from your kayak – a once in a lifetime experience!
During the sea kayaking tour we also visit some sea caves. Another amazing highlight of Sea Kayaking Tour -The Pirates’ Route – not to be missed! Before our delicious, and well deserved, picnic lunch on one of the locals’ favourite beaches, you get the opportunity to snorkel and explore life below the surface of the water. Those with an even more adventurous streak can also try cliff jumping if they so desire.
After our traditional Greek picnic lunch, we head back. Nothing can compare to this eco-friendly way to explore the coastline of Rhodes. Moreover, our expert guides keep you safe, entertained and tell you all they know about the local history, geography and wildlife here on Rhodes.
Highlights of Kayaking the Pirates’ Route:
- Paddle your own sea kayak and see Rhodes from a unique viewpoint
- Enjoy a homemade picnic at Traounou Beach
- Visit Ladiko Beach and Anthony Quinn’s Bay, two of the most beautiful bays on the island. Anthony Quinn’s Bay being widely known due to the classic film “The Guns of Navarone”
Trekking Hellas offers a variety of activities on Rhodes and the other Dodecanese Islands, like our Mt. Akramitis hike, Profitis Ilias Sunset Tour and our Taste of Rhodes tour especially for food lovers.
- Distance: 12 Km/6,5 Miles
- Duration: Total: 5Hrs (Paddling Time: 2,5 – 3 Hrs)
Period of operation: April to November
Price: 75€ /pp
- Swimming knowledge
- Basic physical fitness
- Participants Age: Min 18 – Max 70
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (Certified by BCU)
- Traditional picnic lunch
- Snorkeling Equipment (mask & tube)
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
- Small bag
- Your own personal water bottle – as part of our environmental policy, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses and sunblock
- Spare pair of shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
Meeting Point: Kathara Beach, Faliraki area, next to Paradise Restaurant. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting Time: Around 08.30 am
April to November
08.30: Meet at the beach
08.30 – 09.45: Kayak fitting and briefing
09.45 – 11.00: Paddling
11.00 – 12.30: Time for snorkelling, swimming & picnic
12.30 – 13.30: Paddling back
14.00: End of program and start of drop off service if chosen when booking
In all our tours we use the below equipment and do all the necessary maintenance
|KAYAKS||Dag Biwok Evo Tandem Sea Kayaks|
|PFDs||Feel free Basic (CE)|
|PADDLES||Carlisle (two parts)|
All our kayaking guides have the following qualifications
- BCU CERTIFIED
- Facilitator of Outdoor Activities (2020 – University of Thessaly, Greece)
- First Aid Certificate (Hellenic Red Cross)