Action, fun and culture: the ideal combination for discovering the spectacular scenery and the rare natural beauty of Tzoumerka.
An easy river hike takes us to the waterfalls of Housia gorge on the beautiful path between the stone villages of Sirako and Kalarites. After a refreshing swim (for the brave ones, and during summer time) we visit the cliff hanging monastery of Kipina, built in a cave and dating since 1212. We head to the village of Kalarites and visit the folk art museum. Afterwards, we enjoy our lunch with a variety of delicious local products at the oldest café and grocery shop in Greece, dating since 1840.
- River trek at the spectacular waterfalls of Housia gorge
- Visit the cliff hanging monastery of Kipina
- Visit the Kalarites folk art museum
- Enjoy lunch at the oldest café and grocery shop in Greece, dating since 1840.
Period of Operation: All year round
- Basic physical condition
- Age from 6 years old
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off from your hotel in Tzoumerka
- Transport by mini van
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Lunch in a traditional tavern
Through out the year
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Tzoumerka region
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- A second pair of shoes that will get wet or Tewa sandals
- Swimming suit
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Small backpack with bottled water, that you can carry easily as in some parts we have to hold them above the water
09.00: Meet at your hotel in Tzoumerka
09.00-09.30: Drive to the starting point of river trek
09.30-11.00: River trek and swim !
11.15-12.30: Visit Kipina Monastery
12.45-14.00: Visit Kalarites and the folk art museum
15.30-16.30: Return to hotel