The southern coast of Crete hides a unique, magical atmosphere and boasts one of the most authentic parts of the island. The aim of our 2 day adventure is at a limited time to show you some of the areas highlights. We will paddle and hike in an epic route, part of the European Trail. The first day we will hike from Sfakia to Loutro, one of the most scenic paths of Crete with amphitheatrical views to the deep blue waters and the second day we paddle back to Sfakia admiring our route from sea level. The tour can be extended with further hiking to Marmara beach or some extra time and relaxation in the picturesque sea front village of Loutro.
Period of Operation: April to October
- Min 4-5 participants: 475€
- Min 2-3 participants: 690€
- Private transportation from major towns (Chania/Rethymnon/Heraclion) and back
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- 1 overnight in a traditional guesthouse in Loutro (breakfast to be taken in a cafe on the sea front)
- Meals full board from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 2
- Transportation of luggage by sea taxi to/from Loutro
Depart early in the morning from your previous location in Crete (Chania, Heraclion, Rethymnon) and transfer to the seaside town of Sfakia. After a short rest and refreshing drink, we will hike through the E4 (European trail) path, offering spectacular views of the Libyan archipelago. This 3-hour stretch has some fine path building on a steep rock face overlooking the deep blue sea. Our route will take us to the beach of Glyka Nera, where we will make a stop for swimming until we continue to our overnight location the sea front settlement of Loutro, one of the few places in Greece that can be approached only by sea or walking. Overnight in Loutro.
- Hiking Distance: 6.6 Km’s / 4.1 Miles
- Hiking Duration: 3 hours
- Elevation Gain: +200m / + 656feet
Today, we embark our sea kayaks for today’s adventure. We will enjoy a marvelous route passing by numerous sea caves and amazing rock formations. We will admire the vertical cliffs of the marvelous beach of Glyka Nera “sweet water” whilst approaching with our kayaks. Once we arrive back in Sfakia, our transfer car will take us to our next Cretan destination.
- Sea Kayak Total Distance : 5 miles
- Sea Kayak Duration: 2h 30 min ( not including the lunch stop on Sweet Water Beach )