Amazing Sunset Hike Profitis Ilias! A hike that takes you to the 3rd highest mountain top of the island! From here you can admire the most stunning sunset colors! Even on the warmest days of the summer, our hikers will not be disappointed! Beautiful mountain, fantastic colors of the sea and the sky and a great location for history lovers too!
- Avoid the summer heat by hiking in the afternoon
- Enjoy the sunset from one of the highest points of the island
- Explore Rhodes’ nature on foot – the eco-way
On our Amazing Sunset Hike Profitis Ilias, we meet in the beautiful village of Salakos, located on the foothills of the mountain Profitis Ilias. The third biggest mountain of the island awaits to be explored! The trails gradually ascend its slopes, it is well maintained and suitable also for beginners. Most of the hike is protected by th sun, under the shade of ilex, pine and olive trees. The views during our hike are truly magnificent overlooking the Aegean Sea, the coastline of Turkey and the nearby islands. Once we arrive at the meadow, we can admire the famous “Elafos and Elafina” (male and female deer in Greek). These are former Italian buildings built by Italian Colonists on 1929 and 1932 following an Alpine Style of architecture. We will also visit the “Villa de Vecci”, house of the former Italian Governor of Rhodes and the Byzantine church of Profitis Elias.
After a short break and snack, we will head back to Salakos. At a certain point, we will be able to admire the sun setting in the Aegean sea behind the miniature island of Halki. For last part of the hike it will be dark . We will provide head torches for a totally different experience!
Trekking Hellas offers a variety of other activities in Rhodes and the Dodecanese Islands, like Mt. Akramitis hike, and sea kayaking visiting the masterpiece of the Lindian Temple of Athena in Lindos.
Period of Operation: Every Wednesday from 16 June – 31 August
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guides (1 for 10 participants)
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
- Potable Water Supply
- Traditional snack from Rhodes
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
Every Wednesday from 16 June till 31 August
Meeting point: Salakos Village, from North to South after Nymph Hotel to the left, 100 m. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting time: around 16.30 pm
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- sun block
- Additional bottle of water