This document outlines the terms of COOPERATION between Trekking Hellas – Outdoors Training IKE (“The Company”), and (“The Client”):
1: Trip Confirmation
No pre-arrangements and pre-bookings are made until the Company sends to the Client the final description of the specific trip, at the specific dates, stating the final price and the services included (see Appendix A)
To then secure the booking, the Company requires from the Client this Booking Form duly filled in and signed and proof of payment, full deposit for day activities and 30% of the total cost of the trip for multi day tours. The remaining 70% to be paid one month prior the first day of the trip.
The Company shall send the client a “trip confirmation” email after the reception of the signed document and the deposit and “full payment reception” email after the reception of the balance due. At the latest one week before the first day of the trip, the Company shall send a “Voucher” with all necessary details concerning the realization of the trip.
2: Reservations - deposits - cancellations:
For any reservation to be valid, the relevant participation form must be signed and accompanied by a deposit or full payment of the participation price. The payment of the deposit or full payment, either by bank transfer in the “Company’s” bank account or by credit card or cash, automatically implies that the depositor is fully informed about the program and accepts the general terms of participation.
In case of cancellation, the following applies:
Α) Daily Activities:
- more than 16 days before the activity, the Company refunds the full amount between
- 6 and 15 days prior to the activity the Company retains 15% of the amount paid
- between 3 and 5 days before the activity the Company refunds 50% of the amount paid
- between 0 and 2 days before the activity the Company retains the full amount paid
- In the case of large groups, different terms may apply that will be clearly stated in the contract
Β) Multi-day excursions:
- Cancellation up to 45 days before the excursion: the Company will refund the amount paid, minus 50% of the deposit to cover the costs of managing and cancelling hotels or other services.
- Cancellation 45-30 days before the trip: the Company retains 100% of the deposit
- Cancellation 29-15 days before the excursion: the Company retains 30% of the amount paid
- Cancellation 14-7 days before the trip: the Company retains 50% of the amount paid
- Cancellation 6-0 days before the excursion: the Company retains the full amount paid.
- In case of no-show of the client, the Company reserves the right to keep the full amount paid. If you cancel, you must pay any premiums and modification fees incurred prior to the cancellation, as well as any deposits paid for any pre-booked items or services. Exception: Cancellation of certain transportation reservations, usually
Exception: Cancellation of certain transportation reservations, usually scheduled air and ferry tickets, may result in cancellation charges of up to 100% regardless of the notice period given to us. We reserve the right to pass on these charges that will apply to the transportation part of your holiday and the cancellation charges under the above terms will apply to the other elements of your holiday (e.g. accommodation, activities, any additional services).
C) Summer Kids' Programs (Camps)
- Refund up to 30 days before the start of the program
- Cancellation from 29 to 20 days before the start of the program: 30% of the total participation fee is withheld
- Cancellation from 19 to 15 days before the start of the program: deduction of 50% of the total participation
- Cancellation 14-0 days before the start of the program: withholding of the entire participation amount
- Non-appearance in the program: withholding of the entire participation
- Non-appearance in the program: withholding of the entire participation amount.
Note: If a child leaves the program for personal reasons, the above term applies and the participation fee or part of it is not refunded.
3: During the trip
The Client agrees to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on the trip(s) with the Company. If in the opinion of such persons the health or action of a participant at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or smooth progress of a trip/ program, the participant may be excluded from all or part of the trip/ program without refund or compensation. In case of health/medical problem, the Company may make such arrangements, as it seems fit and recover the costs thereof from the participant.
If a participant commits an illegal act, the participant may be excluded from the trip/ program and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/ for them.
Itinerary alteration. The itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leader, for safety reasons. The tour leader may suggest alternative itinerary or and activities for those given in the program for the group to choose.
Where ferry timetables are applicable, the schedule may change due to the weather conditions and/or to last minute changes from the ferry company.
4: Alterations to the programme by the company
In the interest of our Clients, the company reserves the right to make a change or cancel the trip, due to weather conditions, safety reasons, low physical level, low participation (if a minimum participation level is required for a programme to run) or any other factor beyond our control -force majeure (natural disasters, inclement weather, strikes etc). Such changes will always be at the discretion of the company’s group leader and the Company.
The Client will pay for additional costs required on the spot to create the alternative trip.
5: Alterations by the Client – participants
Any sudden or not justified change (date, destination, number of participants, etc), is regarded as a cancellation and complies with the conditions of paragraph 2.
6: Extra expenses
All extra expenses have to be paid on the spot by the Client. These are expenses requested by the Client during/after the programme that had not been originally requested (such as side excursions, extra transfers, extra nights etc).
7: Last minute bookings
In case the Client has a request for a last minute booking, the Company will advise availability and ask the Client to pay for the additional participant-s expenses before the beginning of the tour on a separate invoice, in case previous invoice for the trip has already been paid.
8: Complaints – Refund Policy
In case a participant requires a refund after the end of the tour, he/ she has to state his/her demand in written, at the latest 10 working days after the end of the tour.
The Company will review the request and revert within 10 working days, after carefully examining the demands and facts of the tour.
The Company will not provide any refund to the Client unless the above procedure has been followed.
No refund will be given for any unused services.
9: Responsibilities – Disclaimer:
The excursions and activities (mainly outdoor) operated by the Company are suitable for most of the general public. Participants need a basic level of fitness (unless the program states another level of fitness), team – work mentality and the ability to follow instructions. However despite all our efforts to keep a high standard of safety, there is always an element of risk of personal injury or even death, given the nature of outdoor activities and the Client by selling the tour acknowledges and accepts this risk.
The responsibility of the Company is limited to ensure that all the necessary equipment and experienced guides are provided for the tour and that the safest routes are the chosen ones.
We recommend the Client to inform all participants before joining a program to get covered by a personal accident insurance, which has to include adequate coverage for medical expenses and cost of repatriation, including helicopter rescue and air ambulance.
10: Alterations and cancellation of the Private Agreement: This Private Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior written or oral communication. No modification is binding unless stated in writing and signed by both parties (or confirmed via e-mail or fax exchange).
11.Photography and νideo:
During the program, participants are being photographed and video recorded. All material is used by Trekking Hellas for its promotional activities (brochures, website, advertisements etc). In case you do not wish to show up to our promotional material you should send us a written declaration.
Compliant with the Directive (EU) 2015/2302, based on the Presidential Decree 7/2018