Ancient Olive Grove Hiking! A historical hike in the ancient trail connecting the port of ancient Kirra with the Oracle of Delphi.
We follow a downhill path and a rural road from Delphi to the edge of Chrisso village. The ancient city of Crissa hosted the visitors of the oracle.
Following the footsteps of ancient pilgrims, we continue our tour in the heart of the famous Crisaean olive grove. It is listed by UNESCO as a unique landscape composed of more than 1,5 million olive trees. We will enjoy the unique scenery! Observe the silver-green foliage of the olive trees changing colors depending on the time of the day and admire the naturally carved trunks of impressive centennial trees. We enjoy a delicious olive snack in the shade of an old chapel and discover the taste of different sorts of olives. We will learn how olives are cultivated and why the olive tree is a worldwide symbol of immortality, wisdom and abundance.
Highlights of Ancient Olive Grove Hiking:
- Following the ancient pilgrims’ steps, connects Delphi to the sea
- Part of E4 European path
- Famous Olive Grove, protected by UNESCO, more than 1.5 millions olive trees
- Discover all about the olive culture
The tour Ancient Olive Grove Biking, can be also included in our Classic Greece in Action Tour and our 3day/2night Delphi Getaway a wonderful trip with a stay in charming Villa Koromilies Guesthouse. You can also combine your Delphi experience with various other hikes or activities like Olive Oil Tasting, Cooking, biking and snow activities during the winter months.
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 40€/person for 4-6 participants
- 50€/person for min 3 participants
- 55€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 8 and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Olive snack
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Cafe Melopoleio, on the east entrance of Delphi. Click here to see the location on the map.
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Obligatory light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00: Meeting at Cafe Melopoleio, on the east entrance of Delphi.
09:00 – 09:45: Hike from Delphi to Chrisso village
09:45 – 10:30: Hike to the Ancient Acropolis ruins and St George Chapel
10:30 – 11:00: Olive snack break
11:00 – 12:00: Hike in the heart of the olive grove
12:00 – 12:30: Transfer to the museum or your hotel in Delphi