A historic hike in the ancient trail that connected the port of ancient Kirra with the Oracle of Delphi.
We follow a downhill path and a rural road from Delphi to the edge of Chrisso village, the ancient city of Crissa that hosted the visitors of the oracle.
Following the footsteps of ancient pilgrims, we continue our tour in the heart of the famous Crisaean field olive grove, today mentioned by UNESCO as a unique landscape that is composed of more than 1,5 million olive trees. We will enjoy the unique scenery noticing the silver-green foliage of the olive trees changing colors depending on the time of the day , and admire the naturally carved trunks of hundred-year-old trees. We savor a traditional picnic stop in the shade of an old chapel and discover together the taste of different sorts of olives. We will explain how olives are cultivated and why the olive tree is a word wide symbol of immortality, wisdom and abundance.
- Following the ancient pilgrims steps, connects Delphi to the sea
- Part of E4 European path
- Famous Olive Grove, protected by UNESCO, more than 1.5 millions olive trees
- Discover all about the olive culture
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 40€/person for 4-6 participants
- 50€/person for min 3 participants
- 55€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 8 and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Olive snack
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Cafe Melopoleio, on the east entrance of Delphi. Click here to see the location on the map.
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
09:00: Meeting at the café of the Archeological museum of Delphi or at your hotel in Delphi
09:00 – 09:45: Hike from Delphi to Chrisso village
09:45 – 10:30: Hike to the Ancient Acropolis ruins and St George Chapel
10:30 – 11:00: Olive snack brake
11:00 – 12:00: Hike in the heart of the olive grove
12:00 – 12:30: Transfer to the museum or your hotel in Delphi