A historic and inspiring hike that combines the magic of nature with the mystery of ancient temples!
This is a historic and inspiring hike dropping down from the slopes of Mt Parnassos to the village of Delphi. It is the ancient footpath that took Pans worshippers up from the ancient temples of Delphi to the Corycean Grotto to celebrate rites, and it is part of the E4 european trail. Our hike starts at Livadi plateau at an altitude of 1200m. Following the ancient path in a forested route we descend to Delphi sanctuary overlooking the olive trees valley and the Corinthian Gulf, whilst the mountains of the Peloponnese complete our picturesque scenery. Ending our hike we will savor a Traditional picnic with local products.
- Following the ancient Greeks steps and part of the E4 European path
- A unique view on Delphi Ancient sanctuary, the Olive Grove, the Corinthian Gulf
- 700 m high difference from an Αlpine landscape to a Mediterranean landscape
- Traditional Greek picnic with local products
- 5 hours in total – 3,5 hours walking
- Short option: 4 hours in total – 2,5 hours walking (we will skip part of the forested area)
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 45€/person for 4-6 participants
- 55€/person for min 3 participants
- 65€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Transfer from Delphi to Livadi plateau
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Please note: this is a hiking tour and no visit or guiding to the Archaeological Site is included.
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Café of the Archeological Museum of Delphi or your hotel in Delphi
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Obligatory light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
9:00: Meeting at the café of the Archeological museum of Delphi or at your hotel in Delphi
09:00 – 9:40: Jeep transfer to Livadi plateau area
09:40 – 11:45: Hike following the Ancient footpath in the forested area
11:45 – 12:00: snack brake
12:00 – 13:30: Hike following the Ancient footpath above Delphi
13:30 – 14:00: Picnic lunch in Delphi