Ancient Footpath Delphi Hiking is a historic and inspiring hike that combines beautiful nature with the mystery of ancient temples!
A historic and inspiring hike, part of the E4 European trail! It makes its way down the slopes of Mt Parnassos leading to the village of Delphi. It is the ancient footpath that God Pan’s worshipers took from the ancient temples of Delphi to the Corycean Grotto to celebrate holy rites. Our hike starts on the Livadi plateau at an altitude of 1200 m. Following the ancient path through lush forests, we descend to the Delphi sanctuary! A magical spot overlooking the olive trees valley and the Corinthian Gulf with the imposing mountains of the Peloponnese as a backdrop. Once our hike ends we will savor a Traditional picnic with local products.
Highlights of Ancient Footpath Delphi Hiking:
- Following the ancient Greeks steps and part of the E4 European path.
- A unique view on Delphi Ancient sanctuary, the Olive Grove, the Corinthian Gulf.
- only 700 m from an alpine landscape to a Mediterranean landscape.
- Traditional Greek picnic with local products.
Ancient Footpath Delphi Hiking, is also part of our Classic Greece in Action Tour and our 3day/2night Delphi Getaway a wonderful trip with a stay in charming Villa Koromilies Guesthouse. You can also combine your Delphi experience with various other hikes or activities like Olive Oil Tasting, Cooking, biking and snow activities during the winter months.
- 5 hours in total – 3,5 hours walking
- Short option: 4 hours in total – 2,5 hours walking (we will skip part of the forested area)
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 45€/person for 4-6 participants
- 55€/person for min 3 participants
- 65€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Transfer from the café of the Archaeological museum of Delphi to Livadi plateau
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Please note: this is a hiking tour and no visit or guiding to the Archaeological Site is included.
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Café of the Archaeological Museum of Delphi
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Obligatory light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
9:00: Meeting at the café of the Archaeological museum of Delphi
09:00 – 9:40: Jeep transfer to Livadi plateau area
09:40 – 11:45: Hike following the Ancient footpath in the forested area
11:45 – 12:00: Snack break
12:00 – 13:30: Hike following the Ancient footpath above Delphi
13:30 – 14:00: Picnic lunch in Delphi