Walk to the cliff top monasteries following a trail known by the locals!
Enjoy the unique views from the top of the rocks and learn by our professional mountain guides about the history and the geological significance of the area.
We start from St. Nicolas Monastery in Kastraki village, following the same old paths the monks used, which wind their way amongst the tall rock-towers.
We pass beneath the ruined monastery of Pantocrator on the north side of the rock of Dupiani. Then the path takes us to the heart of the lush forest reaching the abandoned and restored Monastery of “Ypapanti” and the ruins of St. Dimitrios. Afterwards, our trail turns uphill. A short walk leads us to the cliff top monasteries Varlaam and Great Meteoro where we visit one of them.
We then walk downhill to Kastraki through the rocks by the ancient path used by the monks, passing next to the cave of St. George Mandila, where every year climbers hang their scarves.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 25€/pp for 4-6 participants
- 30€/pp for 2-3 participants
- 60€/pp for min 1 participant (for less or more participants please contact us)
Optional Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off: 5€/pp for min 2 participants
Basic physical condition
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Free photos & videos
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: St Nicolas Monastery parking lot. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Following the main road from Kalampaka to Meteora monasteries, St Nicolas is the first monastery you meet after you exit Kastraki Village.
Meeting Time: June – September: 09.00am / October – May: 09.30am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.