Meteora Scramble Tour! A scrambling experience, on one of the tallest rocks of Meteora!
We hike safely at the ancient path paved on the edge of the cliffs and enjoy the astonishing views between the rocks. The path we follow was used in the middle ages by the monks who lived in the ruined small monastery of Twelve Apostles. The rock of Great Saint also used to be part of the ancient fortifications of the town below thousands of years ago.
A scramble and via ferrata unforgettable adventure!
Our Meteora Scramble Tour program starts by meeting with your guide under the church of “Kimisis Theotokou”. Our guide will give you, your personal equipment and teach you how to use it. We will then start hiking on a short uphill path between the rocks. When we reach the famous “needle rock” our guide will fix the ropes and our scramble experience begins. Climbing towards the top we meet ferratas, paths carved inside the rock and chimney type climbing parts! Final stop is the holy cross of Hagia with a large balcony to enjoy a view between the Thessalian plateau, the mountains of Pindos and the giant pinnacles of Meteora!
Trekking Hellas offers numerous other exciting activities in Meteora for all types of travelers. Try our Meteora Hike if you are a nature hiking lover. Adrenaline seekers try our Rock Climbing tour. Families are welcome to combine our hiking tour with a spider man style rappel from the rocky pinnacles of Meteora.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 55€/pp for min 3-8 participants
- 60€/pp for min 2 participants
For less or more participants please contact us by completing our Enquiry Form
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- (From Kastraki, Kalabaka & Trikala): 5€ / person
- Basic physical condition
- Age 7 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas guide
- All necessary safety equipment
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Following the main road from Kalampaka to Meteora monasteries turn right when you reach Kastraki village following the road sign towards the center of the village. Then follow the signs towards “Archontiko Messochori” – after passing the guesthouse continue uphil for 0,3km until you reach the small church of St. Nicolas on the southern end of the village. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting Time: 09.00am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.