A less known beautiful route to reach Mt. Olympus summit in just one day!
Our guide meets you in Elassona town and with his 4×4 vehicle you drive up to Christakis refugee.
The first 20 Kms until Kalivia Elassonas are tarmac and then dirt road for another 22Km’s (about 1-hour drive) until we reach the refuge at 2,430 meters altitude.
We start our ascend (approximately 60-70 minutes), initially on an uphill, part of the E4 (European Trail) path, traversing the peak of Skolio (2,912 m) and reaching Skala from where starts the most difficult part of ascend.
We then follow Kakoskala, including a scramble climb until the peak of Mytikas (2,917 m).
The total duration of this part depends on the number of participants and their experience and may last between 2-4 hours).
Period of Operation: June to Mid October
- 125€/pp for 5-7 participants
- 130€/pp for min 4 participants
- 150€/pp for min 3 participants
- 200€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Good physical condition
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity by 4×4 vehicle
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional snack
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
June to Mid October
Meeting Point: Elassona Town (either in your hotel or central square outside the church)
Meeting Time: 07.00 am / Return Time: 18.00 pm
- Climbing shoes (recommended) or runners
- Small backpack with your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- A long sleeved t-shirt and a second T-shirt
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
07:00: Meeting in Elassona with your guide and welcome briefing
07:15: Transfer to Christakis Emergency Refuge (2400m) 2 hours driving dirt road
09:30: Trekking begins
11:30: Arrival in Kakoskala small Plateau (2860m) for a snack
13:00: Arrival in Mytikas Peak (2918m)
16:00: Arrival in Christakis Refuge (2400m),
18:00: Arrival in Elassona end of activity