1 Day Summit Olympus is a lesser known but very beautiful route to the summit of legendary Mt. Olympus in just one day!
Mt.Olympus, mythical home of the ancient Greek Gods! Rising almost straight from the Aegean Sea to a height of 2.917 meters, it is the tallest mountain in Greece and the second tallest mountain in the Balkans. Its slopes are broken by steep, densely forested gorges with stunning waterfalls and impressive caves. Home to the lesser gods and other spirits according to mythology. Its 52 peaks in total are snow-capped for almost 8 months of the year and often remain hidden in the clouds the rest of the time. Its highest peak and the one we are summiting on our 1 Day Summit Olympus, is Mytikas at an elevation of 2.918 m!
We will meet in the center of the Kalivia village and with a 4×4 vehicle we will then drive off towards the mountain hut Christakis. The first 20 kilometres up to the location is a tarmac road. Then it becomes a dirt road for another 22 kilometres (about 1-hour drive) until we reach the mountain hut at 2,430 meters altitude. Leaving our vehicles there, we set off on foot for the rest of the way. We will follow the E4 European Trail for approximately 60 to 70 minutes! We traverse the peak of Skolio at an altitude of 2.912 m until we reach Skala. The most difficult part of our hike starts here. We continue our hike up to the location Kakoskala and scramble our way up to the top! Mytikas at an elevation of 2.918 meters has been reached!
The total duration for this part of the hike depends on the size of our group, their previous experience and fitness level. It may last between 2-4 hours.
This tour is ideal for those who don’t want to hike all the way up to the mountain top yet don’t want to miss out on the beauty of this legendary mountain! Join us on this alternative route up to the summit of Mt. Olympus and enjoy the majestic hiking experience it offers!
Trekking Hellas offers an array of tours and activities in Mt. Olympus and all over Greece. Also take a look at our 2 days/1 night, Mt. Olympus Express and Hike Northern Greece! We are also available to customize any of our tours according to your preferences and needs! Feel free to contact us and we will create your dream holiday!
Fixed Guaranteed Departures 2022:
- June: 05/06 & 19/06
- July 03/07, 17/07 & 31/07
- August 14/08 & 28/08
- September 11/09 & 25/09
- October 09/10, 23/10 & 28/10
One guide for max 4-5 persons
Period of Operation: June to Mid October
Price/person (Fixed Guaranteed Dates): 100€/person
Price/person (private tours):
- 125€/pp for 5-7 participants
- 130€/pp for min 4 participants
- 150€/pp for min 3 participants
- 200€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Good physical condition
- No acrophobia (afraid of heights)
- Ages: 13 – 70 (Children accompanied by their parents)
- All necessary local transfers (with a 4×4 vehicle) for the operation of the activity
- All necessary equipment for the activity (helmet-harness)
- Light Snack
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
We also offer our participants:
- 10% discount at the mountaineering equipment store 55 Peaks in Litochoro
- Discount in several food and beverage stores in Litochoro. Ask us!
June to Mid October
Meeting Point: in Kalyvia Village. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting time: 08:00am
Return Time: 17.00 pm
- Climbing shoes (recommended) or running shoes
- Small backpack with your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and action plan, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or poly cotton and not denim)
- A long sleeved T-shirt and a second T-shirt
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses & sunblock
08:00- Meeting to Kalyvia Village (central square) with your guide and briefing (from Elassona city 20 minutes’ drive by car)
08:15 Transfer to the mountain hut Christakis (2,400m) – 2hours drive on a dirt road
09:30: Our hike begins
11:30: Arrival on the small Plateau of Kakoskala (2,860m) for a snack
13:00: Summit Mytikas (2,918m)
16:00: Arrival in the mountain hut Christakis (2,400m)
17:00: Arrival to Kalivia village – end of activity