Mt. Parnitha is the closest mountain to Athens, and the only National Park in Europe so close to a capital. A natural wonder, with 42 mammal species living in it, among them deer, foxes and many kinds of birds. Spend an unforgettable time in the winter forest just 1 hour away from Athens. Hike through the massive pine trees, encounter deer and relax in the cozy atmosphere of Bafi mountain hut. Enjoy your coffee or mountain tea by the fireplace and savor homemade winter Greek food.
- Hike in the closest to a European capital, National Park
- Choose between a variety of well-planned trekking routes, for all levels of hikers
- Enjoy a healthy Mediterranean meal in Bafi mountain hut
- Spend a night away from buzzing Athens enjoy the starlight or moonlight and the silence of the mountain
Period of operation: December – End of February
Price per person:
- Min 2 participants: 210€/pp
- Min 3-4 participants: 180€/pp
- Min 5-6 participants: 160€/pp
You will be either picked up from Athens airport or from the city of Athens and will drive to Parnitha, the highest mountain in Attica. During this ride, you will see the whole city of Athens from above. Upon arrival to Bafi mountain hut, you will be offered a welcome warm drink. After settling in, it’s time to relax by the fireplace and have dinner.
Overnight in Bafi mountain hut in a shared room.
In the morning after a mighty breakfast with fantastic views, you will meet your guide. Following a short introduction of the area and the program, you will start the hike. There are several routes to choose from, the duration of the hike may depend on the physical level of participants. After the hike, we return to Mpafi refuge, where you will be served the lunch and after some rest, you will head up to Athens or Athens International airport.