Rafting Lousios is an exciting day of fun and action in a divine river !
Lousios river is where Zeus, father of Olympian gods bathed himself.
Upon arrival to our base in the village of Maratha, our team will welcome you. You will be given your neopren suit and safety equipment to change. You will then enter our bus taking you to the starting point. Your guides will give an introductory lesson on paddling and safety and ..let the fun begin!
We will paddle in Lousios and Alfios rivers, which are of 2nd degree of difficulty. We will make various stops for a swim in the river’s crystal clear waters and for selfies in the densely vegetated gorge. Our ending takes place to the spectacular bridge of “Koukos” from where we will hike to a nearby waterfall. Our day ends with a delicious homemade meal prepared by our one and only cook Katerina !
Highlights of Rafting Lousios:
- Raft under the Lousios natural tunnel of trees
- Show your rafting skills at the technical rapids of Alfios
- Have fun whilst swimming and jumping in the crystal clear waters
- Take the ultimate selfie at the impressive waterfall of Vrodos
- Savor a delicious meal by our super cook Katerina
Trekking Hellas offers numerous other exciting activities in the Peloponnese. From day activities like hiking in Vouraikos Gorge in Kalavryta, to multi day culture and adventure trips. For hiking enthusiasts we recommend not to miss stunning Lousios Gorge or the Temple of Apollo Hike.
Period of Operation: All year round
60€/pp valid every weekend and daily from 15 May until 19 September.
For weekdays and groups please contact us
- Basic physical condition
- Weight below 130Kg’s / 286 lbs
- Children from the above ages according to season and always subject to current weather conditions
- April – May: 12 years and above
- June – October: 7 years and above
- November – March: 16 years and above
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
The price of 60€/person is valid during weekends throughout the year and from July, August and until 19 September. For weekdays please contact us.
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Vlachoraptis (or Maratha) village. Click here to see the location on the map
Meeting Time: upon communication
- Swimming suit or second pair of underwear
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
11.00: Meet at Trekking Hellas Base
11.00-11.30: Take your gear and change
11.30-12.00: Transfer to the starting point
12.00-12.45: Rafting lesson and safety briefing
12.45-14.30: Rafting with stops for swimming
14.30-15.00: Hike to Vrodos waterfall
15.00-15.30: Transfer to base
15.30-16.00: Change and departure