Orlias River Trekking is a thrilling experience in legendary Mt. Olympus.
Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece, located in northern Greece comprising a natural boundary between the prefectures of Macedonia and Thessaly. Its highest point is the summit of Mytikas at 2,918 m. Since ancient times, Mt. Olympus has proved a difficult crossing point for numerous aspiring conquerors of the Greek territory. It is a place of divine beauty, notable in Greek mythology as home of the Greek Gods. Its proximity to the coastline overlooking the Aegean Sea offers breathtaking views. The characteristic silvery mist that engulfs the mountain creates a unique atmosphere. 1938 it was declared Greece’s first National Park due to its exceptional biodiversity and rich flora.
Our Orlias River Trekking tour takes you to one of the main streams of Olympus which has water all year round, Orlias. We begin our hike (about 50 minutes) from Agios Konstantinos which is the entrance to the stream of Orlias following a magnificent trail. We will hike with the waterfalls always at our side. We will make a refreshing stop for a dive in the natural source of Orlias before continuing to the Waterfall Red Rock. Once we reach the red rock we will have endless fun playing in the water and admiring the natural landscape. On our way back we will visit other small natural lakes for swimming, diving and of course sunbathing. A fascinating day with lots of fun in the water!
Trekking Hellas offers an array of tours and activities in Mt. Olympus and all over Greece. Also take a look at our 1 day summit Mt.Olympus Rapid (Jeep & Hike) and Hike Northern Greece! We are also available to customize any of our tours according to your preferences and needs! Feel free to contact us and we will create your dream holiday!
Period of operation: May to October
- 40€/pp for min 4-7 participants
- 50€/pp for min 3 participants
- 75€/pp for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Good physical condition
- Ages: 8 – 75 (Children accompanied by their parents)
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Light Snack
We also offer our participants:
- 10% discount at the mountaineering equipment store 55 Peaks in Litochoro
- Discount in several food and beverage stores in Litochoro. Ask us!
From May to October
Meeting Point: Trekking Hellas Mt.Olympus office, to see exact meeting point click here
Time: 09.00 am
- Hiking or sports shoes
- Light comfortable clothing
- Sunglasses – sunscreen
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.