Meteora Rock Climbing Introduction is a tour for beginners or intermediate rock climbers.
The imposing rocks of Meteora rise from the plains of Thessaly, just a few kilometers northwest of the town of Kalambaka. They surely are one of the most amazing places in Greece!
Experience rock climbing in one of the most popular climbing areas of the world, a true mecca for climbing enthusiasts. Top rope routes of 25m height recommended for beginners and intermediate level climbers gets us in contact with the famous rocks of Meteora in the most active way! Our professional climbing guides will provide to you a climbing course and guarantee the safest ways of rock climbing techniques.
Highlights Meteora Rock Climbing Introduction:
- Climb up to a 25m high ridge in Meteora
- Enjoy breath taking views of the unique landscape
- Be trained by the experts and exercise your climbing level
- Recommended for beginners and intermediate level climbers
- Various sport climbing routes according to your Level
- Climbing Grade: 4 to 5+
- Pitches: 1 (top rope)
- Height: 20m to 25m
Trekking Hellas offers numerous other exciting activities in Meteora for all types of travelers. Try our Meteora Hike if you are a nature hiking lover. Adrenaline seekers try our Rock Climbing tour. Families are welcome to combine our hiking tour with a spider man style rappel from the rocky pinnacles of Meteora.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 50€/pp for min 3-6 participants
- 55€/pp for min 2 participants
For less or more participants please contact us by completing our Enquiry Form
Optional Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off: 5€/pp for min 2 participants
- Basic physical condition
- Lack of acrophobia
- Age 7 years and above
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer to the meeting point (extra transfer cost from Kalabaka – Kastraki optional 5€/pp)
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Kastraki climbing site parking lot. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Following the main road from Kalampaka to Meteora monasteries, continue for 1km after passing St Nicolas Monastery. The parking space is located on the right side of an uphil left turn
Meeting Time: June – September: 09.00am / October – May: 09.30am
- Climbing shoes (recommended) or runners
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- A long sleeved t- shirt and a second T-shirt
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.