Known worldwide, this trail offers every hiker lifelong memories of natural beauty. Breathtaking views while walking along the rim of the volcanic Caldera, passing through whitewashed villages that seem to hang over the void.
Enjoy the exciting opportunity to admire Santorini’s caldera from an old mule path connecting Fira and Oia. This guided half-day hike gives you spectacular views of the island, its immense caldera, and the surrounding Mediterranean islands in the distance.
After convenient pickup from your hotel, take a relaxing drive with your guide to the beginning of an old mule path that winds through some of Santorini’s most picturesque scenery. As you hike along the trail, enjoy stops at a variety of viewpoints that let you marvel at the blue and white Cycladic chapels, as well as the Aegean Sea and the volcano to the left.
Pass by Firostefani, the monastery of St. Nicholas, and the charming settlement of Imerovigli. Sweeping Mediterranean scenery surrounds you at every angle as you pass by the Prophet Elias chapels, where your group stops for a rest and enjoys a delicious picnic lunch featuring fresh fruit, a sesame bar and a fresh smoothie. Gaze out at the island of Thirasia in the distance as the village of Oia comes into view. From the top of the last hill of the hike, enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view at the sunset. End the hike by walking down to Oia, before heading back to your hotel.
Duration: Hiking time 4 hours – total time 5 hours
Distance: 9 Km
- Breathtaking views over the volcano from different angles
- Chance to hike on a picturesque & authentic old mule path
- Sites like Cycladic chapels, Firostefani, Imerovigli & Oia
- Watching the sunset from the top of a hill with a 360° view
- Convenient roundtrip transportation to & from your hotel
Price: 95€/person for min 2 participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Age 12 years and above
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English Speaking Guide
- Walking Sticks
- Light Picnic
- Photos of the trip
April to October
Meeting Point: Your hotel or other lodging
Meeting Time: 04.00 pm
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
16.00: Pick up from your hotel or other lodging
16.30 – 21.00: Hiking & Sunset Viewing
21.00: Transfer back to your hotel or lodging