Explore the untouched south coast of Santorini. Visit black, white and red beaches, enter magnificent sea caves, swim and snorkel.
With a transfer arranged for you, arrive at Mesa Pigadia, a black beach on the south coast of the island where your sea kayak tour will begin. Paddle along the coastline admiring beautiful rock formations and cave houses built into the cliffs. You will reach the Black Mountain and the Akrotiri lighthouse, exploring sea caves along the way.
Paddling east, pass by the White Beach named for the imposing white cliffs above, and continue to Kampia Beach. Enjoy a fresh nutritious snack at the traditional tavern on Kampia Beach and go snorkeling from the beach. Back in your kayak, paddle to the Red Beach and marvel at the colors, vivid evidence of volcanic activity.
Return to your starting point at Mesa Pigadia, change into your dry clothes before sitting down to a traditional Greek lunch at a local tavern. Following the meal, you will be driven back to your pick up location.
Enjoy sharing photos from your trip, which your guide will send you, for years to come.
Distance: 5 miles
Duration: Paddling about 2.30 hours – Total time about 5 hours
- Paddle to Black Mountain and enter the magnificent sea caves
- Reach Akrotiri Lighthouse, one of the oldest in Greece
- Explore White Beach, which is surrounded by white cliffs
- Marvel at the colors of Red Beach, the epitome of a volcanic beach
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Greek lunch at a local taverna
- Convenient roundtrip transportation to & from your hotel
Price: 95€/person for min 2 participants
- Age 10 and above
- Swimming knowledge
- Basic physical condition.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English Speaking Guide
- BCU Certified Guides
- Sea kayak equipment
- Snorkeling equipment
- Photos of the trip
April to October
Meeting point: Your hotel or another lodging
Time: 09.00 am
- A swimming suit
- A towel
- A hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet
- Dry Clothes
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
For the sea kayaking tour, guests should NOT exceed the limit of :
- 140kg (308lbs) for a single kayak
- 280kg (617lbs) per couple/pair for a double sea kayak
- 2m (6,5 ft) each
This is mostly for safety reasons but also for the guests’ comfort, following the technical specifications of the manufacturer of our kayaks’ fleet.
Thanks for your understanding. For any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
09.00: Pick up from your hotel or another lodging
09.30 – 10.00: Kayak fitting and briefing
10.00 – 11.00: Paddling
11.00 – 11.45: Snorkeling & Fruit salad
11.45 – 12:30: Paddling back to base
12.30 – 13:30: Lunch in Taverna
13.30: Transfer back to your hotel or lodging