Sea Kayaking tour – Discover Lindos is a full day trip to discover the hidden treasures around this famous tourist attraction, on the east side of Rhodes.
Our Sea Kayaking Tour – Discover Lindos starts at Vlicha Beach, close to stunning Lindos. To begin with we paddle along the coastline, past beautiful rock formations and hidden caves. We admire Lindos from afar as we pass, promising to be back soon. Then we explore picturesque St Paul’s Bay – voted one of the most beautiful bays in Europe. Afterwards we enter another world, paddling through an extraordinary “Sea Canyon” which leads to stunning Navarone Bay. Here we enjoy some time exploring below the surface of the water, taking a break from paddling to snorkel in this beautiful secluded area with its stunning blues and greens and refreshingly cool water. Once rejuvenated we turn back towards breathtaking Lindos, this time to get up close to history and experience its wonders for ourselves. This picture-perfect town, with its small traditionally white-washed houses is perfect for all types of tourist. Beauty, history, sandy beaches, restaurants, cafes and shops all make Lindos a must on any visitor’s list. Before we explore all this, however, we have the opportunity to relax and take in the surroundings while enjoying a delicious homemade Greek meal at a restaurant by the beach. Once rejuvenated and having “refueled”, we set off on a short hike up to the main village. There we enjoy the quaint alleys that lead us to the imposing Acropolis of Lindos where we visit and learn about the Temple of Athena.
Our day Sea Kayaking tour – Discover Lindos combines everything an adventure-lover could think of: the sea, walking, history and food. What better way to see such a historical treasure than away from the masses. You will, without a doubt, experience things that few have the chance to see. On the way back from Sea Kayaking tour – Discover Lindos we can relax, enjoying the peace and quiet of the sea, basking in the beautiful scenery.
Nowhere else will you get such an opportunity to combine paddling along the eastern coastline in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea with views of the Temple of Lidian Athena and the breathtaking town of Lindos.
Highlights of Kayaking Lindos:
- Paddle along the coastline passing wonderful sea caves and beautiful rock formations
- Visit the village of Lindos with its whitewashed houses and have lunch at a seaside taverna
- Learn about the Temple of Lindian Athena (4th Century BC) and how the important archaeological site of Lindos played a crucial role on the island of Rhodes in addition to contributing to world Maritime Law
- Admire the scenery while avoiding the crowds in the most eco-friendly way possible
- Distance: 16,5 Km/9 Miles
- Duration: Actual Paddling Time: 5 Hrs / Total Activity Duration: 9 Hrs
- Terrain for Archaeological site: Pavement Alley
Period of operation: April to November
Price: 120€ per person for min 2 participants
- Previous sea kayaking experience
- Swimming knowledge
- Basic physical fitness
- Participants Age: Min 18 – Max 70
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (Certified by BCU)
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Lunch in a local taverna
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis of Lindos (Athena’s temple)
- Snorkeling Equipment (mask & tube)
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
- Small bag
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Spare pair of shoes that will get wet
Meeting Point: Vlicha Beach on the southern end, next to Azzurro Café. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting Time: 08:45 am
April to November
08.45: Meet at Vlicha beach
08.45 – 09.30: Kayak fitting and briefing for the activity
09.30 – 12.30: Paddling & Snorkelling Stop
12.30 – 13.30: Lunch
13.30 – 14.30: Visit to the Archaeological site of Lindos
14.30 – 16.30: Paddling back to base
In all our tours we use the below equipment and do all the necessary maintenance
|KAYAKS||Dag Biwok Evo Tandem Sea Kayaks|
|PFDs||Feel free Basic (CE)|
|PADDLES||Carlisle (two parts)|
All our kayaking guides have the following qualifications
- BCU CERTIFIED
- Facilitator of Outdoor Activities (2020 – University of Thessaly, Greece)
- First Aid Certificate (Hellenic Red Cross)