A hike into untouched nature following the path of history.
We walk in trails parallel and through Lousios river gorge, also known as the “Mount Athos of the Peloponnese”, on account of the monasteries that appear to be literally hanging from the cliffs.
We visit the most historical monasteries and end the trek at the archaeological site of Ancient Gortyna, along the rushing Lousios river that used to be named Gortynios in the ancient times.
- Unique scenery of the spectacular gorge
- The monastery of St.John Prodromos built on the cliffs of the gorge
- The archaeological ruins of ancient Gortys
- Picnic and refreshing swim in Lousios riverbanks
Period of Operation: All year round
- 45€/pp for min 6 participants
- 50€/pp for 4-5 participants
- 70€/pp for min 3 participants
- 100€/pp for min 2 participants
- Basic physical condition
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Through out the year
Meeting Point: Ancient Gortyna Site. Click here to see the location on the map
Meeting Time: upon communication
- A second pair of shoes that will get wet or Tewa sandals
- Swimming suit
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Small backpack that you can carry easily as in some parts we have to hold them above the water
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
10.00: Meet at Ancient Gortys
10.00-10.45: Transfer to the starting point at Filosofou Monastery
10.45-12:00: Hike to St.John Prodromos Monastery
12.00-12.30: Visit St.John Prodromos Monastery
12.30-13.15: Hike to Ancient Gortys